Questions for clarification from the Union everyone should ask

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Trust me I would if it wasn't for the benefits which you have to wait a year for, what a joke. Record profits and we keep giving away. Once gone we can never get back and now I'm not even sure what our healthcare looks like.

Thats my point. Find a place with full healthcare at 3.5 hours a day.

DiligentUPSer

This appears to me like we could potentially lose our raises or at least part of them if/when the healthcare and pension funds get into trouble. I hope I am misunderstanding this.

Article 34, Section 4, Subdivision 1:
"Any portion of any GWI may be re-allocated as an increased contribution to a Teamster Pension or Health &Welfare Fund. The re-allocation shall apply to all employees in a Supplement, Rider or Addendum, as applicable, provided all of the affected employees (full or part-time, if applicable) are covered by the same Pension or Health & Welfare Fund."

mintlp

This CS Health Plan move is a colossal task and will be a huge burden to manage, keep costs and liability low. Do you really trust Central States to run this whole operation ?The CS Healthcare is already bad, do you want to follow this path also??

oldupsman

Yeah I have, what's a Big Pile is that the CS Trustees can change such said plan at any moment with NO vote from the Membership. But I'm sure that would never happen til like maybe 2014

This Contract is not great on our health care , but the next one who is to say the union doesn't screw us all together on it

We can't nogaitate with the union on what they want to give us for Heath care

I have. TEAMCARE is INFERIOR to what the UPS plan is now.

This CS Health Plan move is a colossal task and will be a huge burden to manage, keep costs and liability low. Do you really trust Central States to run this whole operation ?The CS Healthcare is already bad, do you want to follow this path also??
I just cannot understand how anybody, and I mean ANYBODY, who has UPS health care now would vote yes. Honestly, what more do
you need to know. It's obvious the 2 plans are not even close. I don't care how big a raise you get if it just gets eaten up by health care costs.

UPS Preloader

You won't find one. You're right. But you know what else? You also won't find another part-time job where the workers work as HARD as we HAVE TO for those 3.5 hours a day.

Equally important, you wont find another FT Package Delivery Job that pasy $32+ per hour with OT, Health, Dental, Eye, and a Pension. We need to stop comparing to other companies. We all work hard and we all deserve to be paid accordingly.