Questions Questions Questions

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
are these 6 hour full time jobs with ups or another company??

Louisville and United Parcel Service Supplemental Agreement
to the National Master United Parcel Service Agreement

ARTICLE VIII – SIX HOUR JOBS

1. Prior to the expiration of this agreement the employer shall create an additional fifty (50) fulltime jobs from part-time work. Ten (10) of the above mentioned fifty (50) jobs will be bid for each of the five (5) years of this agreement.
These jobs shall count toward the Employer’s obligation to maintain full time jobs under Article 22.3 of the NMA.

2. Hub/Porter full-time combination jobs, where applicable, will be considered day time opportunities.

3. Six (6) hour employees will receive overtime after six-and-one-half (6 ½) hours work.

4. Six (6) hour employees will receive six and one-half (6-1/2) hours per option day.

5. Six (6) hour employees will receive thirty-eight and one-half (38.5) hours per option week. Vacation will be paid at thirty (30) hours per week.

6. Six (6) hour employees will receive two (2) ten (10) minute breaks.

7. Six (6) hour employees will receive health care coverage equal to full-time employees.

8. Six (6) hour employees shall receive a sick and accident benefit not to exceed one hundred and seventy five dollars ($175) per week.

9. Six (6) hour employees shall receive a life insurance benefit of thirty thousand dollars ($30,000.00) plus thirty thousand ($30,000.00) accidental death benefit. Six (6) hour employees shall remain in the Company health plan.

10. Six (6) hour employees shall accrue credited service in accordance with the following formula: (i) effective August 1, 2002 through December 31, 2007, eighty dollar ($80.00) per credited year of service in a six (6) hour job and (ii) effective January 1, 2008, eighty-seven dollars ($87.00) per credited year of service in a six (6) hour job. Accrual and other benefits rules will be in accordance with Addendum A to this contract.

11. In addition, effective for any employee leaving Covered Employment after January 1, 2014, there shall be a service pension benefit at 35, 30 and 25 years of service at any age and a 25 years of service benefit at age 60. The benefit shall be calculated as set forth below. In each case the years of service shall include all years in a three (3) hour and six (6) hour guarantee job.

The 35 year service pension at any age shall be calculated based on $80 times the number of years of service in a six (6) job plus the number of years of service in a three (3) hour guarantee job times the service pension accrual rate applicable to the employee when he held the three (3) hour job.

The 25 year service pension at age sixty (60) and the 30 year service pension any age shall be calculated using the same formula. The 25 year service pension at any age shall be calculated based on $70 times the number of years of service in a six (6) job plus the number of years of service in a three (3) hour guarantee job times the service pension accrual rate applicable to the employee when he held the three (3) hour job.

12. Three (3) hour employees shall only have bump rights if their job is eliminated. Six (6) hour employees shall have bump rights to another six (6) hour or three (3) hour guarantee position if their assigned work days of the week are changed or the job is eliminated. A three (3) hour employee can only bump into another three (3) hour guarantee position. The following will be the manner in which they may exercise seniority: the employee may bump a junior employee from a three (3) hour job or a six (6) hour position. The employee may also take an open six (6) hour position if one exists. If the displaced employee bumps to a three (3) hour position or an open six (6) hour position, this shall end the bump process. The original bump will constitute the original move. Thereafter two (2) more moves, if needed will be allowed. After the original move and two (2) others the final displaced employee must bump to a three (3) hour position, the most junior six (6) hour position, or take the open six (6) hour position, the most junior six (6) hour position, or take the open six (6) hour position if one exists. If the most junior six (6) hour employee is bumped he/she will become a three (3) hour employee. Employees in the Fueling, Marshalling and PSC classifications will be limited to moves within their classification. In the event there is no one junior to them the employee can exercise his/her seniority to displace a junior six (6) hour employee in another six (6) hour classification.

I read this and appreciate it, however my situation is i haven't been transferred yet even tho I accepted the bid in october. Since they haven't transferred me does my area have to pay me 6 hrs temporary until they can move me

Spongebob1

I read this and appreciate it, however my situation is i haven't been transferred yet even tho I accepted the bid in october. Since they haven't transferred me does my area have to pay me 6 hrs temporary until they can move me

The best place to start in getting your answers is asking your Business Agent,

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

You need to ask your Steward or BA, but let me ask you a question.

Are you moving from Second Day Air to Next Day Air or vice versa?

If not, it looks like they have 10 days to put you on your new job. It is not your fault that they cannot train you until November 28th.

The problem is that it may be too late to grieve it now. You usually only have 5 days from the date you knew about something to grieve it.

You only had 5 days from Halloween to grieve not being put on your new job. It now may be an untimely grievance.

Article III Section B

Excluding Peak Season (November –December), prime vacation (July –August), and Section friend of this Article, part-time employees with one (1) year or more seniority will be allowed to move from part-time job to part-time job on a minimum of 50 percent of available openings, by seniority and written request, to be limited to two (2) moves per year. Six hour jobs will only be filled by current part-time employees from the existing six hour transfer lists and not hired from the outside. Six-hour transfers will be posted electronically through the BIDX system. Part-time employees will be permitted to select the transfers by seniority. Six-hour transfers will be posted midweek and taken down the following midweek. The transfer will be awarded no later than ten (10) days from the transfer coming down. Six hour and three-hour transfer awards will be posted electronically through the BIDX system. If the employee is awarded a position and does not accept the position, it will count as an awarded-transfer in reference to the above stated two (2) moves per year. Employees will be allowed five working days to disqualify after assignment to a new position.

The other issue is that if you are moving between Next Day and Second Day, the move is controlled by labor and may not happen within 10 days so as not to disrupt the business. Again, though, you should have grieved it when they told you they will not move you until the 28th.

Article III Section friend

Movement of employees between shifts (Next Day Air and Second Day Air) on a limited basis shall be controlled by the labor manager so as not to interfere with the operation of the business. There shall be no movement in November and December or during the vacation hire period.

Talk to your Steward. If he/she cannot answer it, or get an answer for you, they don't belong being a Steward. In this case, contact your BA personally.

LeadBelly

Banned
Louisville and United Parcel Service Supplemental Agreement
to the National Master United Parcel Service Agreement

ARTICLE VIII – SIX HOUR JOBS

1. Prior to the expiration of this agreement the employer shall create an additional fifty (50) fulltime jobs from part-time work. Ten (10) of the above mentioned fifty (50) jobs will be bid for each of the five (5) years of this agreement.
These jobs shall count toward the Employer’s obligation to maintain full time jobs under Article 22.3 of the NMA.

2. Hub/Porter full-time combination jobs, where applicable, will be considered day time opportunities.

3. Six (6) hour employees will receive overtime after six-and-one-half (6 ½) hours work.

4. Six (6) hour employees will receive six and one-half (6-1/2) hours per option day.

5. Six (6) hour employees will receive thirty-eight and one-half (38.5) hours per option week. Vacation will be paid at thirty (30) hours per week.

6. Six (6) hour employees will receive two (2) ten (10) minute breaks.

7. Six (6) hour employees will receive health care coverage equal to full-time employees.

8. Six (6) hour employees shall receive a sick and accident benefit not to exceed one hundred and seventy five dollars ($175) per week.

9. Six (6) hour employees shall receive a life insurance benefit of thirty thousand dollars ($30,000.00) plus thirty thousand ($30,000.00) accidental death benefit. Six (6) hour employees shall remain in the Company health plan.

10. Six (6) hour employees shall accrue credited service in accordance with the following formula: (i) effective August 1, 2002 through December 31, 2007, eighty dollar ($80.00) per credited year of service in a six (6) hour job and (ii) effective January 1, 2008, eighty-seven dollars ($87.00) per credited year of service in a six (6) hour job. Accrual and other benefits rules will be in accordance with Addendum A to this contract.

11. In addition, effective for any employee leaving Covered Employment after January 1, 2014, there shall be a service pension benefit at 35, 30 and 25 years of service at any age and a 25 years of service benefit at age 60. The benefit shall be calculated as set forth below. In each case the years of service shall include all years in a three (3) hour and six (6) hour guarantee job.

The 35 year service pension at any age shall be calculated based on $80 times the number of years of service in a six (6) job plus the number of years of service in a three (3) hour guarantee job times the service pension accrual rate applicable to the employee when he held the three (3) hour job.

The 25 year service pension at age sixty (60) and the 30 year service pension any age shall be calculated using the same formula. The 25 year service pension at any age shall be calculated based on $70 times the number of years of service in a six (6) job plus the number of years of service in a three (3) hour guarantee job times the service pension accrual rate applicable to the employee when he held the three (3) hour job.

12. Three (3) hour employees shall only have bump rights if their job is eliminated. Six (6) hour employees shall have bump rights to another six (6) hour or three (3) hour guarantee position if their assigned work days of the week are changed or the job is eliminated. A three (3) hour employee can only bump into another three (3) hour guarantee position. The following will be the manner in which they may exercise seniority: the employee may bump a junior employee from a three (3) hour job or a six (6) hour position. The employee may also take an open six (6) hour position if one exists. If the displaced employee bumps to a three (3) hour position or an open six (6) hour position, this shall end the bump process. The original bump will constitute the original move. Thereafter two (2) more moves, if needed will be allowed. After the original move and two (2) others the final displaced employee must bump to a three (3) hour position, the most junior six (6) hour position, or take the open six (6) hour position, the most junior six (6) hour position, or take the open six (6) hour position if one exists. If the most junior six (6) hour employee is bumped he/she will become a three (3) hour employee. Employees in the Fueling, Marshalling and PSC classifications will be limited to moves within their classification. In the event there is no one junior to them the employee can exercise his/her seniority to displace a junior six (6) hour employee in another six (6) hour classification.
And here you have Fred's 6 hours full time employees. That's some real good jobs that can help a family. Looks like a concession fest. Overtime after 6 1/2 hours. That sucks. Good one flip flop

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If not, it looks like they have 10 days to put you on your new job. It is not your fault that they cannot train you until November 28th.

The problem is that it may be too late to grieve it now. You usually only have 5 days from the date you knew about something to grieve it.

You only had 5 days from Halloween to grieve not being put on your new job. It now may be an untimely grievance.
Are you saying under this 5 day scenario, that the Company can now theoretically never put this employee in their new bid job if they choose to?

I typically agree with much of what you post, but I don't think that applies here.

Reality however, even if grieved, is that the employee will probably be put in their job before the grievance process plays out.
With this in mind, I would definitely grieve it today, in hopes of unclogging the log jam a bit quicker.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Are you saying under this 5 day scenario, that the Company can now theoretically never put this employee in their new bid job if they choose to?

No. The Company still has to put him on the job.

I am saying that the Company told him that he would not be put on the job until November 28. This is far longer than the 10 day period the contract specifies.

He has 5 days to grieve this November 28th date from when he was told about his new job start date.

He can grieve it now, but don't be surprised if the grievance is ruled untimely. He will then still be put on his new job on the 28th.

If not, he can grieve it, within 5 days, if he is not put on his new job on the 28th. The day he was told he would start his job.

It may not matter. If he is moving from Next Day to Second Day, or vice versa, the 10 days does not come into play.