ralph nader on expectations, the american dream, corporate welfare

newfie

Most of our computer chips are made in Taiwan. We've had serious problems due to lack of chips with the supply chain problem. And there's the very real possibility China may invade Taiwan. In order to have computer chips made in the U.S. the industry will need some assistance.
have to wonder if china has anything imbedded into the chips they sell us.

vantexan

have to wonder if china has anything imbedded into the chips they sell us.
It's my understanding most of our chips come from Taiwan. I would be worried about anything like that from China. The thing is most of our pharmaceuticals as well as just about everything else is made in China. If they do invade Taiwan we'll be cutting our throat defending Taiwan.

rickyb

Do they really? Who do you think is lobbying Congress 24/7?
corporations but not every regulation is pro corporate

for example the banksters didnt like the regulators because they were locking them up. this is why reagan preached anti regulation and bc many of his kind actually believed it.

vantexan

corporations but not every regulation is pro corporate

for example the banksters didnt like the regulators because they were locking them up. this is why reagan preached anti regulation and bc many of his kind actually believed it.
How's that worked out?

rickyb

How's that worked out?
corporations have dominated washington not immigrants, since the 1980s. it was largely a response to the "excess democracy" that nader was a part of in early 1970s

for example bill clinton absolutely gutted financial enforcement. you had the economic crisis 15 years later. no bankster in jail.

vantexan

corporations have dominated washington not immigrants, since the 1980s. it was largely a response to the "excess democracy" that nader was a part of in early 1970s

for example bill clinton absolutely gutted financial enforcement. you had the economic crisis 15 years later. no bankster in jail.
Why would immigrants dominate Washington?

vantexan

alot of ppl seem to think theyre the problem with america.
What does that have to do with corporations? You're all over the place. As far as immigrants go, millions are entering illegally through our southern border. And are aided by our own Democrat controlled government. Believe it or not we aren't in a position to take in everyone who wants to come here. Especially if they don't have the means to support themselves.

rickyb

What does that have to do with corporations? You're all over the place. As far as immigrants go, millions are entering illegally through our southern border. And are aided by our own Democrat controlled government. Believe it or not we aren't in a position to take in everyone who wants to come here. Especially if they don't have the means to support themselves.
bc many ppl think its immigrants instead of money dominating the american govt.

vantexan

ppl were hysterical over it when trump was in office. he ran on it in part. it was a distraction.
A distraction? There were over 2 million who entered the country illegally last year that we know of. And millions more this year. It's a disaster, not a distraction.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
they have much less power bc of all the regulations he helped pass

Yeah, and who controls the regulatory bodies now? The banks and corporations they are meant to regulate. That's the real reason no corporate Mafioso or bankster goes to jail. How about we keep corporations separate from government and investigate crimes that corporate officers commit based on laws already on the books? Most of what they are guilty of falls under fraud. The regulatory bodies just give them another layer of bureaucratic protection from criminal prosecution.

rickyb

Yeah, and who controls the regulatory bodies now? The banks and corporations they are meant to regulate. That's the real reason no corporate Mafioso or bankster goes to jail. How about we keep corporations separate from government and investigate crimes that corporate officers commit based on laws already on the books? Most of what they are guilty of falls under fraud. The regulatory bodies just give them another layer of bureaucratic protection from criminal prosecution.
Clinton gutted the financial regulators check out the interviews im posting

Since the mid 90s it was up to greenspan and the fed to bring the crooks to jail. Greenspan went to bat for savings and loans crooks.

Irs also been understaffed so they dont collect taxes on the rich. same is true for corporate crime investigators i forget where maybe the doj.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Since the mid 90s it was up to greenspan and the fed to bring the crooks to jail. Greenspan went to bat for savings and loans crooks.

Irs also been understaffed so they dont collect taxes on the rich. same is true for corporate crime investigators i forget where maybe the doj.

I doubt it.

vantexan

When has it ever been the Fed's job to enforce criminal law? Falls squarely on the DOJ. The Fed can close a bank down. The IRS is under the Dept of the Treasury. And the IRS audits the wealthy at a much higher rate than the average citizen. As of 2017 the top 1% of income earners pay 40% of all income taxes collected. The top 10% pay 71% and the top 25% pay 87% of all income taxes collected. Once again you're spouting nonsense.

rickyb

When has it ever been the Fed's job to enforce criminal law? Falls squarely on the DOJ. The Fed can close a bank down. The IRS is under the Dept of the Treasury. And the IRS audits the wealthy at a much higher rate than the average citizen. As of 2017 the top 1% of income earners pay 40% of all income taxes collected. The top 10% pay 71% and the top 25% pay 87% of all income taxes collected. Once again you're spouting nonsense.
i might quote you the law congress passed soon enough