Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
The funniest thread started in a long time is...."Where is Brown Café Located?" (because the guy wanted a package delivery job.)

Here's what's listed on the search...
BrownCafe posts are the personal opinions of individuals & don't represent UPS's...

moreluck

golden ticket member
This makes having a detached garage delightful!!

111d92989791a2249502f7c6e90754e1.jpg

Enclosed breezeway from garage straight to the kitchen.

moreluck

golden ticket member
For 3 hours this morning, my TV cable was out and the internet was out......I got a few chapters read in my book (Finders Keepers - Stephen King). I don't know what I would've done if my book was broke. Dust and mop?

moreluck

golden ticket member
We are getting older and our tickers aren't what they used to be...so here is
Our Special Bucket List for 2015,16....HERE IS WHAT WE WANT..

1. Hillary: in prison!
2. Put "GOD" back in America!!!
3. Borders: Closed!
4. Congress: On the same retirement & healthcare plans as everybody else
5. Congress: Obey its own laws NOW!
6. Language: English only!
7. Culture: Constitution, and the Bill of Rights
8. Drug Free: Mandatory Drug Screening before & during Welfare!
9. NO freebies to Non-Citizens!
10. Balance the budget.
11. Stop giving away our money to foreign countries! Charge them for our help!
We need it here.
12. Fix the TAX CODE!
And most of all...
13. "RESPECT OUR MILITARY, POLICE AND OUR FLAG!!"

moreluck

golden ticket member
Some famous people and their IQs:

James Woods 184
Madonna 140
Lisa Kudrow 160
Meryl Streep 143
Rowan Atkinson 178
Nicole Kidman 138
Tommy Lee Jones 135
Stephen Hawking 160
Sharon Stone 148
Mayim Bialek 163
Ben Stein 150
Shakira 140
Matt Damon 160
Goldie Hawn 130
CindyCrawford 154
Conan O'Brian 160
Steve Martin 142
Ashton Kutcher 160
Bill Gates 160

oldngray

nowhere special
Some famous people and their IQs:

James Woods 184
Madonna 140
Lisa Kudrow 160
Meryl Streep 143
Rowan Atkinson 178
Nicole Kidman 138
Tommy Lee Jones 135
Stephen Hawking 160
Sharon Stone 148
Mayim Bialek 163
Ben Stein 150
Shakira 140
Matt Damon 160
Goldie Hawn 130
CindyCrawford 154
Conan O'Brian 160
Steve Martin 142
Ashton Kutcher 160
Bill Gates 160

I have seen that list before and my thought was some of those numbers are more "enhanced" than some of their bodies.

rod

Retired 22 years
I was watching "Vietnam in HD" on TV yesterday and one statistic they showed was that in WWII the average infantry troop only had 10 actual days of combat per year but in Vietnam the infantry troop had 260+ days. Amazing. Another sad fact is that there were slightly over 2 and a half million people who actually served in Vietnam but now days they estimate that 6 million say they did. My brother in law is the commander of our local VFW and he says there are always drifters coming through town who stop into the VFW and are looking for a free meal, free room or a free bus ticket. He says its so bad that he has had to resort to asking them for proof they served (not just over seas but in the military period. If they don't have any he then will give them the option of him calling the local Veterans Service Officer for proof. He says most of them just walk out because they know they are lying.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was watching "Vietnam in HD" on TV yesterday and one statistic they showed was that in WWII the average infantry troop only had 10 actual days of combat per year but in Vietnam the infantry troop had 260+ days. Amazing. Another sad fact is that there were slightly over 2 and a half million people who actually served in Vietnam but now days they estimate that 6 million say they did. My brother in law is the commander of our local VFW and he says there are always drifters coming through town who stop into the VFW and are looking for a free meal, free room or a free bus ticket. He says its so bad that he has had to resort to asking them for proof they served (not just over seas but in the military period. If they don't have any he then will give them the option of him calling the local Veterans Service Officer for proof. He says most of them just walk out because they know they are lying.

Most who served weren't in combat but got credit for it if they were anyplace in Vietnam. The percentage was definitely higher for Infantry but that was loaded with draftees who couldn't get anything better. My father was in Vietnam but in Air Force so mostly safer. He also got credit for Korea just for being in service in 1953 even though he didn't get sent there.