Random thoughts

moreluck

golden ticket member
JUST MY DOG

He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds.

He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea.

He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being: by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him.

(I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive.

When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile.

When I am happy, he is joy unbounded.

When I am a fool, he ignores it.

When I succeed, he brags.

Without him, I am only another man.

With him, I am all-powerful.

He is loyalty itself.

He has taught me the meaning of devotion.

With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace.

He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.

His head on my knee can heal my human hurts.

His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things.

He has promised to wait for me...whenever...wherever--in case I need him.

And I expect I will--as I always have.

He is just my dog.

menotyou

bella amicizia
JUST MY DOG

He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds.

He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea.

He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being: by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him.

(I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive.

When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile.

When I am happy, he is joy unbounded.

When I am a fool, he ignores it.

When I succeed, he brags.

Without him, I am only another man.

With him, I am all-powerful.

He is loyalty itself.

He has taught me the meaning of devotion.

With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace.

He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.

His head on my knee can heal my human hurts.

His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things.

He has promised to wait for me...whenever...wherever--in case I need him.

And I expect I will--as I always have.

He is just my dog.
This is the most beautiful thing I have read in a very long time. Thank you, More. This is my Brodie, Baxter, Barney, Lucy, Seka, Chunkie Monkey, Nester, Zena, Oscar, and Shane. I can't ever repay the joy and pure, true , love they have given me without one time ever, ever doing anything to intentionally hurt me.

That is something reserved for the human race. We specialize in that.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
This is the most beautiful thing I have read in a very long time. Thank you, More. This is my Brodie, Baxter, Barney, Lucy, Seka, Chunkie Monkey, Nester, Zena, Oscar, and Shane. I can't ever repay the joy and pure, true , love they have given me without one time ever, ever doing anything to intentionally hurt me.

That is something reserved for the human race. We specialize in that.
There are dog people & non dog people. If your a non dog person, you wouldn't understand.
Just came in from a long walk with my old mutt. Seeing him still so young & spry at 11 years old makes me happy.
A little snow but windy as hell here today. I had to give up on the walk before him

menotyou

bella amicizia
There are dog people & non dog people. If your a non dog person, you wouldn't understand.
Just came in from a long walk with my old mutt. Seeing him still so young & spry at 11 years old makes me happy.
A little snow but windy as hell here today. I had to give up on the walk before him
I think non-dog people are strange. How can you not love dogs???

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I think non-dog people are strange. How can you not love dogs???
I was strange up to about 11 years ago. One of the best things we've done as a family is get our dogs.
I sure love coming home in the summer, cracking an ice cold beer or 2 or 3, & just relaxing on the deck with Mason. He seems to know when it's been an especially tough day. He really has helped keep my blood pressure down

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thoughts on eating cereal.....

Why is it when you put a spoonful of cereal with milk in your mouth, you "backpedal" with that spoon (like feeding a baby) when the milk drips down your chin?

This doesn't happen when I eat soup........broth or milk, we are talking the same consistancy. One of life's great mysteries.

S

serenity now

bacon flavored toe jam *yum

dislike spew-md.png
spew-md.png

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
No, I got my rates increased despite no accidents for no reason. Still haven't figured it out, but I went from around $330 each six months to just under $500 without a clear explanation. Pity the poor unmarried white late 20s male. I'll pay it but I'm not happy with the increase they won't explain clearly. Before anyone asks, I shopped around for equivalent coverage it wouldn't be cheaper.

If you are a young, unmarried male, you are a reckless maniac with nothing to live for.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We read so much about how a positive attitude helps in fighting your sicknesses whatever they maybe.

Then yesterday I hear that grumpies and grouches live longer.

Hey, I can do both, but now I'm torn!!