rather drive a feeder

diesel96

IMO I think it's selfish that your spouse or girlfriend gets upset at the opportunity you have to move to feeders even at the expense of working nights. If there's an ounce of compassion within their souls to realize how difficult the task is of slaving in a package car for 15-20 yrs trying to satisfy the "Brown Man's" unattainable production goals. If she really loves you unconditionally, she ought to say "go for it", and be happy for your bodily preservation and your new found willingness to get dressed and go to work without being a miserable prick on a monday. And just a side note, you will find time to slip the "Do not disturb sign" on the bedroom door, any loving couple will :raspberry-tounge:.

IMO I think it's selfish that your spouse or girlfriend gets upset at the opportunity you have to move to feeders even at the expense of working nights. If there's an ounce of compassion within their souls to realize how difficult the task is of slaving in a package car for 15-20 yrs trying to satisfy the "Brown Man's" unattainable production goals. If she really loves you unconditionally, she ought to say "go for it", and be happy for your bodily preservation and your new found willingness to get dressed and go to work without being a miserable prick on a monday. And just a side note, you will find time to slip the "Do not disturb sign" on the bedroom door, any loving couple will :raspberry-tounge:.
I think it a bit selfish for a guy to expect his wife to just accept a huge change in their interpersonal relationship blindly just because he made a career choice to work for Brownie. Marriage is a two way street and I personally feel that each party should do everything they can to help the spouse be happy in that relationship.
Until there is some time spent in package, toiling away trying to just get through each day, how could/would anyone know the physical hardships we put on our bodies? WE, the drivers, don't even fully understand the impact for many years, the little woman would have no clue until after we do.
The men that are miserable pricks on Monday mornings are probably pricks to begin with.
How would you feel if your wife all of a sudden decided to take a job working opposite hours than you do?

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I am with Diesel96 on this one. If my wife would have made it a "her or feeder" arguement I would have had to question her true love and loyalty for me. It is completely not fair to expect someone to work a job that causes them so much unhappiness. Especially when work is such an integral part of your life.

browndevil

MY turn!!!!!!!!!!! (for cleaning) There are a bunch of new avatars that I hadn't seen before. Haven't looked at them in a long time. I like this one but I asked Cheryl if I could have a purple one instead. I really liked Comets but didn't want to duplicate.
Ya I got my new beer avatar too. Side note to Cheryl, I like a Guinness in the winter can you get a dark beer avatar for my winter avatar?:happy2::happy-very::wink2:

gded

If u don't have alot of senority expect differant start times each week. You have to adjust your sleeping habits as well. If u have little kids it's hard. Hard to sleep during the day while their playing outside. ~~~

The thing is no one has just gone into feeder. If your on the short list you`ll still have weeks if not months to discuss the change. Like Diesel has pointed out either you have a strong marriage or you don`t. Plus with time you`ll find the right time bid for your relationship. In package I barely saw my wife,fortunately her business was on my route. I never saw my first born awake except on weekends. Now I never bid earlier than 10:30pm or later than 4am. I`m home for every diner,put my kids to bed,have time with my wife (kids 2 and 3 were born in feeder),and have time to get stuff done around the house. The funny thing is the last bids left on our board when it comes time to pick are the ones with start times similar to package car. The low seniority guys always end up with those.

A

anonymous6

I disagree with all of this. You have fallen for the myth that a night worker doesn't get to spend time with the family but the truth is the guy who works at night sees his family more. Your'e working when your family is sleeping. You get home to see your wife and kids off to where it is they are heading and you go to sleep. You get up in the afternoon when everyone is now coming home from where and what they had to do. Now you have a solid 6 or maybe 7 hours to be with them before you go to work. You work a day job driving a package car you wont have that kind of time with your family when you get home at 6 or 7 at night. I NEVER did. My building has no shortage of feeder drivers that want the night jobs. At the same time no one wants the day jobs. I went to feeders to work nights. I have 10 years left till I retire in my early fifties. I will never work days again if I have it my way.

totally depends on your feeder schedule buddy. you must have enough seniority to pick the hrs that work for you. science backs up my other statements.

Last edited by a moderator:

diesel96

You married D?

First wife= 15years(dated four years prior), and yes, we (take note Trplnkl, we= two way street) agreed it would be best that she worked midnights to further her career in Law Enforcement. Have not remarried, but current love of my life is going on 11 years and is as strong as any marriage.

I think it a bit selfish for a guy to expect his wife to just accept a huge change in their interpersonal relationship blindly just because he made a career choice to work for Brownie. Marriage is a two way street and I personally feel that each party should do everything they can to help the spouse be happy in that relationship.
Until there is some time spent in package, toiling away trying to just get through each day, how could/would anyone know the physical hardships we put on our bodies? WE, the drivers, don't even fully understand the impact for many years, the little woman would have no clue until after we do.
The men that are miserable pricks on Monday mornings are probably pricks to begin with.
How would you feel if your wife all of a sudden decided to take a job working opposite hours than you do?

Not sure how to respond to your post, it's kind of contradicting. You make it sound like an abusive use of authority for a man to accept a more desirable (IMO and hers) career position, which will require some sacrificies, but in the long run be more beneficial to our situation. The same would apply if the shoe was on the opposite foot. BTW; I'm sure if your a pkg driver or work in the Center/Hub you were not whistling Dixie on the way to work the last couple of mondays like I was....in fact I was asking to work on my day off $$$:wink2:

A

anonymous6

you are so right. my first wife left because of these hrs. second one ( 24 years) is an angel. i give her anything she wants.