reduced areas...more profit

Karma...

any info on the proposed changes and restricting delivery area due to lack of volume and costs associated with delivering to rural and low volume densities ?....perhaps areas and states designated as not making money could be dropped or at least not every day feasible to go to.....its been done before but with the new added costs could make it happen..I wouldd think i.e is working on the possibilities . this would help address the high costs of the new teamster contract and move the stock price up. ups would become a more urban company get back to delivery/parcel density and get back to making money for the stockholders.......something tells me we are on to something good.....its better...not bigger...changes must come and cutting more management can only go so far.

PT Car Washer

any info on the proposed changes and restricting delivery area due to lack of volume and costs associated with delivering to rural and low volume densities ?....perhaps areas and states designated as not making money could be dropped or at least not every day feasible to go to.....its been done before but with the new added costs could make it happen..I wouldd think i.e is working on the possibilities . this would help address the high costs of the new teamster contract and move the stock price up. ups would become a more urban company get back to delivery/parcel density and get back to making money for the stockholders.......something tells me we are on to something good.....its better...not bigger...changes must come and cutting more management can only go so far.
How much additional volume would we lose if we just pick and choose which zip codes to deliver?

Karma...

How much additional volume would we lose if we just pick and choose which zip codes to deliver?
ups would be better off shedding unprofitable volume along with the associated people.....better not bigger....right-sizing is the way to go...its too expensive to continue on the road we are on...that new teamster contract is crippling the stock price.

charm299

ups would be better off shedding unprofitable volume along with the associated people.....better not bigger....right-sizing is the way to go...its too expensive to continue on the road we are on...that new teamster contract is crippling the stock price.
No, inflation is crippling the stock price

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
🤣🤣🤣
IMG_4831.gif

Cheesypurpletees

Start dropping zip codes and you concede the domestic market to our competitors. E-commerce contracts get the whole bundle. There’s no we’ll ship your hello fresh, but just not to rural hobunk honky tonk town. It’s a logistical nightmare otherwise

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Eff the stockholders.

FromOffTheStreets

I think the future will be access points in all of the small towns out in the sticks. All of the "dirt" deliveries go to the local business or co-op that's usually open every day. The business receives a certain amount of $ for holding the pkg. Billy Bob swings by the co-op to pick up Matilda's pkgs because "he's usually in town anyways."
Not only does this save ups tons of $, but it "helps the environment." That's how it will be sold anyways.