Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why would multitudes of people call themselves Christians with no hope of material gain from it knowing that imprisonment and death awaited for them for just confessing their faith in Jesus and redemption through faith in that name?

It's a personal choice and shouldn't be a source of ridicule on here or anywhere else.
If talking with people who hold different points of views makes you feel ridiculed you should probably stay out of the conversation.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The Jewish oral tradition of history is phenomenally accurate, much like that of Native Americans.

Accurate through the eyes of someone who wants it to be accurate. Google Islamic prophecy and you'll see the same thing..."accurate" information about how terrible the Jews are and how Islam will triumph.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's what I have to go on. And when someone asks for proof of God's personal involvement in people's lives through the name of Jesus I can personally give testimony to the power of His Name but I won't do it on here I don't have any pearls.

You know, this is the sort of stuff I hear people say every day. One born-again told me he knew God was real when he "levitated". When I asked him to levitate for me, he couldn't do it.

Non sequitur

Since all things are equal in an acnostics/atheist mind, then I'm putting you on notice as a Christian that we intend to dominate. Good luck and go away. I hope you're willing to endure the war created by the survival of the fitest philosophy. Please abort your children, show leadership and save the planet by suicide, or pull a Kevorkian when your depressed or sick.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Since all things are equal in an acnostics/atheist mind, then I'm putting you on notice as a Christian that we intend to dominate. Good luck and go away. I hope you're willing to endure the war created by the survival of the fitest philosophy. Please abort your children, show leadership and save the planet by suicide, or pull a Kevorkian when your depressed or sick.
You need to switch to water bro.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

More gibberish. Proof, don...proof. Dominate away, which should work well in a land that promises religious freedom for all faiths.

I think that the "war" over the fittest philosophy is absurd, therefore live and let live.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm not intimidated. I'm stating that I believe everyone's personal beliefs are to be respected. No more, no less
I agree, just found it odd you quoted me when you stated that random tid bit, since I never said anything of ridicule. Seems like a really random thing to say. Then again feelings of persecution are deeply embedded in Christianity, and persist even today, even when not warranted. So maybe not so random....

10 point

You know, this is the sort of stuff I hear people say every day. One born-again told me he knew God was real when he "levitated". When I asked him to levitate for me, he couldn't do it.
Man, that's news to me but there's all kinds of "Christians" out there. Some even like snakes.

wkmac

The Jewish oral tradition of history is phenomenally accurate,

Hmmmmm!

Professor Carol Meyer, Professor of Religious Studies Duke University discusses an issue that pertains to some of the common beliefs relating to "Jewish Oral Tradition of History."

10 point

I agree, just found it odd you quoted me when you stated that random tid bit, since I never said anything of ridicule. Seems like a really random thing to say. Then again feelings of persecution are deeply embedded in Christianity, and persist even today, even when not warranted. So maybe not so random....
Lol. That was no doubt an unrelated add on statement. I wasn't trying to offend you bro.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You're assuming all things are equal in an agnostic/atheist mind, and your analysis is flawed by definition. An agnostic questions the existence of a God. The atheist denies that God exists. So, you are wrong from the get-go.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You're assuming all things are equal in an agnostic/atheist mind, and your analysis is flawed by definition. An agnostic questions the existence of a God. The atheist denies that God exists. So, you are wrong from the get-go.

wkmac

And since a lot of "Jewish Oral History" became "Jewish Written History" as found in the Bible, the "Origins of the Bible" itself becomes an important subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.