Religious question for discussion.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I love the Holy Bible. I always have loved reading and have always been attracted to the Holy Bible.

I may be wrong but it seems that many in the Reformed Religion view the Bible as being equivalent to God.

I think the Bible is an extremely useful religious document, I also believe the Holy Spirit of God does personally speak to individuals through this Sacred document.

However I do not believe the Bible is equivalent to God nor do I believe it is the exclusive manner by which the God of the Universe speaks to humanity.

I believe, if I truly believe God is guiding and leading me to be believe that something in the Bible is not accurate or isn’t true then I have to believe the Spirit of God not man.

Do you believe the Bible is equivalent to God and it is the exclusive manner by which the God of the Universe speaks to humanity?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I love the Holy Bible. I always have loved reading and have always been attracted to the Holy Bible.

I may be wrong but it seems that many in the Reformed Religion view the Bible as being equivalent to God.

I think the Bible is an extremely useful religious document, I also believe the Holy Spirit of God does personally speak to individuals through this Sacred document.

However I do not believe the Bible is equivalent to God nor do I believe it is the exclusive manner by which the God of the Universe speaks to humanity.

I believe, if I truly believe God is guiding and leading me to be believe that something in the Bible is not accurate or isn’t true then I have to believe the Spirit of God not man.

Do you believe the Bible is equivalent to God and it is the exclusive manner by which the God of the Universe speaks to humanity?
So the Bible has lies in it? Sounds like if you don’t like what it’s saying then you call it inaccurate or untrue.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So the Bible has lies in it? Sounds like if you don’t like what it’s saying then you call it inaccurate or untrue.
I did not say that.

I said:

“I believe, if I truly believe God is guiding and leading me to believe that something in the Bible is not accurate or isn’t true then I have to believe the Spirit of God not man.”

Thebrownblob

It was implied
It’s about his feelings not about the truth. If he’s listening to some Spirit that tells him something in the Bible isn’t true in the spirit he’s listening to is not of God. there’s lots of spirits out there. and the Bible warns about them. It also tells us at the end many will cry Lord Lord and he will tell them depart from him he never knew them. Keep getting in touch with your feelings and see how far that gets you.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It’s about his feelings not about the truth. If he’s listening to some Spirit that tells him something in the Bible isn’t true in the spirit he’s listening to is not of God. there’s lots of spirits out there. and the Bible warns about them. It also tells us at the end many will cry Lord Lord and he will tell them depart from him he never knew them. Keep getting in touch with your feelings and see how far that gets you.
Exactly

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
If the Bible was truth then we would not have so many revisions. The Bible is man’s way of trying to prove a god they have no idea who it is.

oldngray

nowhere special
If the Bible was truth then we would not have so many revisions. The Bible is man’s way of trying to prove a god they have no idea who it is.
The revisions are different translations. You could always learn to read the text in original languages but not an easy option for most people.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So is it your opinion that the Bible is equivalent to God.?

Darmark7

The revisions are different translations. You could always learn to read the text in original languages but not an easy option for most people.

The revisions are revisions of the same translation. King James has been revised more than any version yet churches say it is the best. Now that is funny.

Thebrownblob

So your opinion is that the Bible is equivalent, correct.
No it’s not my opinion, it’s God‘s that it is his word divinely given to man. Don’t put me in the middle of it because I’m not important enough to have any say. If I had my feelings sticking out there’s a lot of things I would love to change because it would make things a lot easier for me.

Darmark7

My favorite is churches that say the Bible is inerrant. Which version are they talking about and if inerrant why did they revise it? 😂😂

Last edited: