Reparations

vantexan

So what would reparations look like? Here's my suggestion. Any black who has worked at least 20 years and didn't average more than 100% higher than the minimum wage would be eligible for a $1500 a month payment until they reach full Social Security age. They can choose to continue to work while receiving the payment or stay home, their choice. This can be tweaked of course but I would think anyone making more than double the minimum wage pretty much has a life and isn't being discriminated against. It would also require people to work at least 20 years, no sitting at home in their prime. And they'll be contributing to the Social Security system. This could be phased out in 40 or 50 years so that at some point people need to realize that it's coming to an end and they need to stress to their kids the importance of an education. It's fair in light of what was done with slavery to try and redress the issue but it's not fair to whites or others who have no connection to slavery to pay for this forever so it has to end at some point. Just some musings on what might be considered fair. Or might be considered an outrage. But considering how explosive the recent riots were and the wailing by whites trying to show contrition and solidarity I think something is coming and from recent articles it would appear it'll be a huge number. So might want to start bracing yourself for the eventuality.

Box Ox

So what would reparations look like? Here's my suggestion. Any black who has worked at least 20 years and didn't average more than 100% higher than the minimum wage would be eligible for a $1500 a month payment until they reach full Social Security age. They can choose to continue to work while receiving the payment or stay home, their choice. This can be tweaked of course but I would think anyone making more than double the minimum wage pretty much has a life and isn't being discriminated against. It would also require people to work at least 20 years, no sitting at home in their prime. And they'll be contributing to the Social Security system. This could be phased out in 40 or 50 years so that at some point people need to realize that it's coming to an end and they need to stress to their kids the importance of an education. It's fair in light of what was done with slavery to try and redress the issue but it's not fair to whites or others who have no connection to slavery to pay for this forever so it has to end at some point. Just some musings on what might be considered fair. Or might be considered an outrage. But considering how explosive the recent riots were and the wailing by whites trying to show contrition and solidarity I think something is coming and from recent articles it would appear it'll be a huge number. So might want to start bracing yourself for the eventuality.

That's not nearly enough compensation for 400 years of pain and suffering, you white devil.

floridays

bsbullf.gif

floridays

I've been married for 49 years--I deserve something for all I've suffered.
Congratulations early for 50, kiss the girl, you're both winners.
I married for forever, I just wasn't aware forever was 12 years..... new math I guess.

Enjoy three days camping, that's your reward, be up early in the morning and make it count. :thumbup1:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I was discriminated against while growing up ....WOP, greaseball, spaghetti eater, guinea, dago, ginzo, greaser.......

it's my money and I want it now

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I was discriminated against while growing up ....WOP, greaseball, spaghetti eater, guinea, dago, ginzo, greaser.......

it's my money and I want it now

Hey...You just described by wife's family..third generation out of Calabria and Palermo...

Her Father fought in WWII in the Islands, he stood 5'1" but at one look you knew he would kill you in a minute if needed, even in his 80's.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Hey...You just described by wife's family..third generation out of Calabria and Palermo...

Her Father fought in WWII in the Islands, he stood 5'1" but at one look you knew he would kill you in a minute if needed, even in his 80's.
sicilian here. my great grandfather was an illegal alien by todays standards. about 4'11" and almost as wide. he ran the neighborhood in East Boston . nobody effed with him. I vaguely remember him at age 3. growing up was just like the Godfather. huge family gatherings , huge meals with 2 big tables. one for adults and one for children. grandmother was always yelling at us in Italian to EAT EAT EAT.

very good memories.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
My father in law's father was know in his old country as the "The Knife Man" nobody knew why or asked. It is a beautiful country, been there the people are great and you talk about seafood and wine, it just does not get any better!!!