I digress. pt wages

PT Car Washer

I don't know about 1974, but I do remember many years of preload before PAS, preload "assist" system.

Preload now is much easier than days past, all package cars have uniform load designations, and the package comes with the load sequence on the box...awesome.

Granted, each truck has it's own unique load and has to be adjusted, but In general, it's easier.

$37 per hour, well, FT is higher than that so.....?

Do you think PT would be remotely close to that with all the benefits?

What PT jobs pay that with bennies?
There is no way being a preloader today is easier then in the 70's. Largest package car was an old 800 and most were 600 and rural routes were all 500's. And I could fit almost everything on the shelves and could walk down the middle. Routes that used to be 85 to 90 stops are now 160 or more. Peak season you could have 200 or more stops and now everyday routes are 225. Or more.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
There is no way being a preloader today is easier then in the 70's. Largest package car was an old 800 and most were 600 and rural routes were all 500's. And I could fit almost everything on the shelves and could walk down the middle. Routes that used to be 85 to 90 stops are now 160 or more. Peak season you could have 200 or more stops and now everyday routes are 225. Or more.
The preload still sucks

Its_a_me

I don't know about 1974, but I do remember many years of preload before PAS, preload "assist" system.

Preload now is much easier than days past, all package cars have uniform load designations, and the package comes with the load sequence on the box...awesome.

Granted, each truck has it's own unique load and has to be adjusted, but In general, it's easier.

$37 per hour, well, FT is higher than that so.....?

Do you think PT would be remotely close to that with all the benefits?

What PT jobs pay that with bennies?
You are delusional if you think it is easier today than in 1974.

1974 was what 80 stops for a "truck." VS today's 200+ every day and 230-250 at peak. And guess what the weight limit skyrocketed. 150 lbs now is not considered freight.

Without PT jobs having benefits the FT drivers would not have the benefits they do. The larger the group the better then insurance can negotiate with health care providers. 130k members vs 430k members makes a huge difference in rates.

The PT'ers earn so little they can actually qualify for government health care like Medicaid. So they'd be getting free benefits anyways.

If you didn't work when Amazon dumped their entire record Christmas in 2013 at the last minute with the new Prime 2 day free shipping to everyone or the COVID pandemic when everyone was home and ordering stuff---you are talking out of your @$$.