Retirees in the Buff

moreluck

golden ticket member
This morning I can't get a song to stop playing in my head. Everyone has this problem from time to time, but older people get more songs of the unknown variety stuck up there. "Marching to Pretoria"

I had their "Purple Onion" album and just wore it out!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I still have a wall jack (unused) in my kitchen. I doubt they even install them in new houses now. I don't even use a landline at all.
I still have my land line and the other day when we had our power outage......it was all that worked in this house!!
This is the phone I have on my night stand.....push button....

oldngray

nowhere special
I still have my land line and the other day when we had our power outage......it was all that worked in this house!!

People using internet phones have that problem of no service when power goes out.

rod

Retired 22 years

I still have a land line, a flip phone and a VCR. I just used the VCR the other night to record the season start of Big Bang. I don't need a smart phone---if there is any doubt about anything all my friends have a race to pull up the answer on their smart phones. I miss the days of a good old fashion bar argument that couldn't be decide in 2 minutes on a smart phone.

oldngray

nowhere special
I still have a land line, a flip phone and a VCR. I just used the VCR the other night to record the season start of Big Bang. I don't need a smart phone---if there is any doubt about anything all my friends have a race to pull up the answer on their smart phones. I miss the days of a good old fashion bar argument that couldn't be decide in 2 minutes on a smart phone.

I still have a VCR that I might use a couple of times a year. It is getting almost impossible to find those things in stores these days.

oldngray

nowhere special
daily_picdump_1925_640_high_92.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I still have a VCR that I might use a couple of times a year. It is getting almost impossible to find those things in stores these days.
We just sold 5 VCRs. Our Cox Cable went all digital (no choice)and now we have DVR.....luv it! We record almost all of our TV shows because we go to bed at the start of primetime....8:00 PM.! The DVR is easy to record and play. and then I just delete them as I watch them.

oldngray

nowhere special
We just sold 5 VCRs. Our Cox Cable went all digital (no choice)and now we have DVR.....luv it! We record almost all of our TV shows because we go to bed at the start of primetime....8:00 PM.! The DVR is easy to record and play. and then I just delete them as I watch them.

I have Time Warner and they have video on demand for most shows which I usually use to time shift. Other shows I want to watch not on TV I stream through a computer.

rod

Retired 22 years

I know a DVR is the way to go. If there is ever anything worth watching on tv again I probably will go that route. It seems you can't do anything anymore without your tv/phone/internet bill going up 10 or 20 bucks a month.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Married Sexting:

I'm not wearing any underwear, because you never put
the friend*ing laundry in the dryer like I asked you to
100 times !!