Retirement plaque

Bassford1977

I retired a year ago earlier than I wanted to due to a medical condition. I did not receive any type of retirement plaque,etc from my center. They tell me they no longer do this. Why did I get a plaque for 25 years of service the retire with 28 years and get nothing to show this?

After 28 years with UPS, hubby had many plaques and they all went in the trash.........his doing, not mine.

Are you talking about those................crappy awards they give you.....because we are all a pile of crap?? those awards and certificates dont mean a damn thing! Every single award I got is in a trash dump ! I dont need a peice of paper....maybe just a thankyou for trying so hard .....or saying hey.........good job one time! just treat me like a person thats all!..........I agree. 1 million perce with your hubby!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Are you talking about those................crappy awards they give you.....because we are all a pile of crap?? those awards and certificates dont mean a damn thing! Every single award I got is in a trash dump ! I dont need a peice of paper....maybe just a thankyou for trying so hard .....or saying hey.........good job one time! just treat me like a person thats all!..........I agree. 1 million perce with your hubby!

Morelucks hubby was middle mgmnt. The stock certificates outweigh any plaques. Surely those weren't thrown away.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've got a 30 year retirement plaque you could have if I knew which box in the basement its in. I also have a 25 year circle of honor jacket that is collecting dust and moth holes somewhere around here. After being retired 12 years I'm sure it wouldn't fit me anymore.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are you talking about those................crappy awards they give you.....because we are all a pile of crap?? those awards and certificates dont mean a damn thing! Every single award I got is in a trash dump ! I dont need a peice of paper....maybe just a thank you for trying so hard .....or saying hey.........good job one time! just treat me like a person thats all!..........I agree. 1 million perce with your hubby!

For management, a piece of paper is so much easier!

island1fox

What is very sad about UPS --many people work hard and long for so many years --some go out the "right" way as everyone deserves to--
-----unfortunately many go out the "wrong" way --throw away the plaques and rewards --try to forget --but I am sure after so many years --the scar will always be there !:dissapointed:

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I've got one of those yellow jackets hanging in my closet. Saw some guys sporting the leather ones around and I said "whiskey tango foxtrot?" They said you had a choice I said "you think if I had a choice I would have chosen a century 21 coat that I would never wear again?" Especially since they did away with the award banquets? They told me they would see what they could do. I'm still waiting. Retired now with 34 years safe driving. My son works there. Maybe I can get him to take up the cause. Think how much money they saved when they stopped giving out safety awards? What's a leather jacket for an old washed up driver? haha

oldngray

nowhere special
Those Century 21 jackets were one of ugliest things ever created. I can't imagine anyone willingly wearing one anywhere. Pose for that photo then hide it in a closet.

Dutch Dawg

Upon becoming eligible for the circle of honor, I became aware of the leather jacket and expressed desire for that option thru our chain of command. When it never appeared in spite of repeated request, it became clear to me this event is more about Company exploitation than employee reward.

toslow

I did get a plaque for 33yrs not sure where it's at but in the past when I got the pins for safe driving I would give them to some Harley riders at the bike shop I delivered to they loved to have a safe driving award pin on their leathers from UPS

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I've been retired since Feb 3rd and out of the blue I get a letter from UPS congratulating me upon my retirement, and to go forth and choose a gift from a website provided. Ever since they took away the safe driving awards and cut out the Circle of Honor banquets, and the Christmas turkeys, I've had the red arse about the way they did things. I would imagine Jim Casey is spinning in his grave. I thought what the heck, if it costs them money, I'm all for it. The choices were a lot of jewelry, cookware, mountain bikes, etc. Over the years, I've let my kids choose from my safety awards to get them something, alternating years. I'd only pick something for myself on the big years. Air compressor, digital camera, etc. For the retirement gift I picked a pair of maui jim sunglasses and I'm going to give them to my son as a birthday gift in july. I guess they were glad to get rid of me. haha. crunch.