Retro checks?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by mattjl1988, Dec 22, 2014.

1. mattjl1988

mattjl1988 New Member

I'm in local 705 and we just agreed to the new contract. I was just wondering how much we're checks for part timers that got they're checks earlier in the year...

2. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Look at your check and calculate the hours worked. My bet is they gonna be screwed up like they were earlier this year. Plus some people didn't get theirs straighten out till July/august

3. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Their retro checks were only for 9 months. They were around $400 to $600. Some got more but worked more hours than the average PTer.

You should have about a year and five months coming.

The first year is $0.70 and the 5 months is $1.40. Keep in mind this is only if 705 got the same raises we got in the master.

So ball park figure, averaging 3.5 hours per day is $1100. Averaging 5 hours per day roughly $1600.

Total your hours and do your mown math.

4. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Then your get a letter from ups corporate saying we over paid you we would like to take x dollars out of your weekly check till you pay what is owed back

5. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

You also have to factor in the pay rates in the 4 year progression, if applicable. This is where it gets complicated and confusing, for most people.

6. ibleedbrown

ibleedbrown Active Member

what about overtime hours how does that work?

7. TheFigurehead

TheFigurehead Active Member

Let me guess…

You're one of the "yes" voters?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Same as always. Time and a half.

9. 20141128_221523.jpg

10. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Was the 705 contract still unresolved?

11. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

For OT hours, the first year would be $1.05 for all OT hours. The 5 months would be $2.10 for all OT hours.

12. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Voted in by a big number. Have not seen the contract yet. I am not in 705 but am curious as to the concessions they took. There were some listed on another thread.