Retroactive Pay Raises

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Yeanop, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Yeanop

Yeanop New Member

Does anyone know if the pay raises will be given out retroactively once the contract is fully ratified? For example, are we going to receive a check for the number of hours we've worked since August 1st times 70 cents?
  2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

3. cynic

cynic New Member

Prop's to jumpman23 for adding on another thread on the same topic earlier today:

Include OT in your calculations as applicable for $1.05 per OT hour.
    ($0.70 x 1.5 = $1.05, just sayin' can't spell but I can count lol)
  4. rudy5150

rudy5150 New Member

yes but its gonna be a separate check taxed 40%
  5. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

You really didn't know the answer?
  6. cynic

cynic New Member

Actually I think we'll all be paid retroactively in Bitcoins and given accounts on Silk Road with free UPS shipping...
  7. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

You may see it just before Xmas. If we are lucky. Local 89 maybe a long time. Along with the west coast guys. Western Pa is going to fail as informed by BA this morning
  8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Local 89 is in the Central Region. Maybe by next Christmas.
  9. Yeanop

Yeanop New Member

I really didn't know the answer. Nor did 3 stewards. Hence why I'm asking on Browncafe.
  10. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

...yes...expect about...$100-150 after taxes if you're pt.
  11. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I asked someone the other day if they are saving for retirement and if they could just do 2% of thier pay to start a 401k, they respond; "I can't afford it". Told them spend a second and think about the .70 raise, then tell me you can't afford it. This was a FT driver no less.
  12. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

That is sad jack.
  13. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

An addiction to quality meth is expensive. After all there's really no other way to meet management's expectations. Man I miss Walter White so much already.
  14. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

I chip in 2% to my 401k and I'm PT. That's :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ing sad.
  15. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

15% and I'm PT. Over 200K in IRA and 401K
  16. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

​A big house and 2 nice cars no doubt.
  17. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

I am @ 35% + 10% catchup for being an old f--- + 5% post tax......... second job is all about the benefits + 15 years accrued pt pension . I will buy a new Penn Surf Reel with the retro ....if the guys @ PHL ever settle.
  18. brown108

brown108 New Member

quick question. i was hired in(officially) last September (2012). I was told by my union steward that I would not receive the .70 cents once the contract negotiations are all settled. Is this correct, and if so, why?
  19. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

Everyone I've asked says you won't get the 70 cent general wage increase in addition to the 50 cent progression.
    Because the starting pay went up you won't get 70 cents, you'll get $1.00, 50 cents of which you've already got a 50 cent raise in september right?

You'll get 70 cents an hour retro pay from August 1st up until 1 year mark. ($10.20/$11.20 skilled)
    You'll get 50 cents an hour retro pay from your 1 year anniversary forward. ($10.50/$11.50 skilled) -the new 1 year progression rate.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  20. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

And 2 no pays a week minimum.