Returning to work with permanent restrictions

UPSGUY12

Does anybody have any personal experience with going back to work, after an on the job injury, with permanent weight restrictions-(mine is 45#). I'm a full time driver -8 yrs PT & 12 yrs driving. Can they create an article 22 job for me?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a driver who had a bad habit of hitting things (3 Tier 3's in one year) and the Company and Union worked together to create a 22.3 job just for her. No one else can bid on it and it will be eliminated when she separates or retires.

I would hope that they would work with a 20 year employee.

UPSGUY12

We had a driver who had a bad habit of hitting things (3 Tier 3's in one year) and the Company and Union worked together to create a 22.3 job just for her. No one else can bid on it and it will be eliminated when she separates or retires.

I would hope that they would work with a 20 year employee.
Yeah, me too, thanks for the info

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Have to go to work doc and get cleared by them. You can either do the job or you can't. If you got a perm. weight restriction looks like back inside you go to small sort. If they do create a job for you, good luck still being liked by your coworkers instead of looking like a :censored2: sniffer.

UPSGUY12

Have to go to work doc and get cleared by them. You can either do the job or you can't. If you got a perm. weight restriction looks like back inside you go to small sort. If they do create a job for you, good luck still being liked by your coworkers instead of looking like a :censored2: sniffer.
Talked with the union, they said UPS will accommodate my weight restrictions, one way or another, as long as I file an ADA form.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Yeah what a jerk! Getting hurt on the job and hoping he still has a career after 20 years with the company.

Maybe people should mind their own damn business. This company would be a lot better off.
There's other positions at the company that he can do with his restrictions ...so yes there's no "creating" jobs....happens all the time ...my best friends dad was with a company for almost 30 years and had a heart attack at work...they let him go because he was no longer able to operate a forklift which was part of the job

Hey, Becareful on what you do and whom you talk to . You are young in the company and things seem to be one way are another . I know from experience . I learned that you must take care of yourself . if you are hurt get well an dgo back an ddo the job you were hired to do . Honestly speaking . There are things you just donot know is your Dr one who can be bought to put you out or will he support you getting well and returning . 30 year veteran go back as healthy as you can and secure your age and years .

Does anybody have any personal experience with going back to work, after an on the job injury, with permanent weight restrictions-(mine is 45#). I'm a full time driver -8 yrs PT & 12 yrs driving. Can they create an article 22 job for me?
Ups
has to do nothing for you. you need time and age to protect you and sometimes that is not enough . My advise would be get as healthy as you can . Do your job and the 100% plus UPs requires . I can tell you hurt more times than want to remember but when I went back I ws ready to go back and do my job . Do not tell people your business on the job trust yourself only. Always have a second opinion from your Doctor and the company Doctor . Protetc yourself at all times keep a record of what is going on with you . Remember you must work so many days I thing it is200? days in a year to keep the year or they will dedcut the year from you . I went back to work each time I was injured major surgeries but I knew it was all up to me and only me . I would not depend on anyone creating a job for you there are so many injuries as a pkg driver they would run out of jobs remember UPS is not an infirmary. That may sound harsh but reality is truth . Be diligent in your health returning to work