Road test for a cover driver position coming up next Tuesday I don’t how to drive a stick shift

Levon910

God did it
Hello I recently applied to be a cover driver/preloader I have been a seasonal helper for over five years and have been wanting to become a driver for the company since the first year I was a driver helper any tips and or pointers on how to use a stick shift??? Please and thank you I’m advance

RMR46

Hello I recently applied to be a cover driver/preloader I have been a seasonal helper for over five years and have been wanting to become a driver for the company since the first year I was a driver helper any tips and or pointers on how to use a stick shift??? Please and thank you I’m advance
Then you are smile* out of luck FedEx has automatics

charm299

Ups trucks work backwards, you have to start in 4th gear, hope this helps

We only have two stick shifts left in our entire building. Everything else is an automatic.

Shorts365

Are you sure they’re going to test you on a stick? Our center recently stopped making that part of road test even though we still have a manual or two lurking.

It kinda sounds like you think you’re going to hop in the truck and learn how to use the clutch on the fly. Sorry but learning stick is a frustrating experience at first for almost everyone. You need to hit your most patient friend that owns a stick and have them show you the ropes for few sessions. Also you’re gonna need to give that friend a fancy 12 pack at the very least.

Levon910

God did it
Are you sure they’re going to test you on a stick? Our center recently stopped making that part of road test even though we still have a manual or two lurking.

It kinda sounds like you think you’re going to hop in the truck and learn how to use the clutch on the fly. Sorry but learning stick is a frustrating experience at first for almost everyone. You need to hit your most patient friend that owns a stick and have them show you the ropes for few sessions. Also you’re gonna need to give that friend a fancy 12 pack at the very least.
Yes I will do that lol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

And possibly a new clutch

Levon910

God did it
We only have two stick shifts left in our entire building. Everything else is an
Ups trucks work backwards, you have to start in 4th gear, hope this helps
Thank you been watching YouTube all day
And possibly a new clutch
Thanks for the humor I got this imma just walk in confident and prayed up may god be with me on this one I been praying for this opportunity since I became a helper

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I have not seen a stick shift in my career. Not that I could not drive one, they just are not here.

last season I did helper, the driver beat the piss out of it. threw gears down at high acceleration, lugging the gears, even push-starting it downhill. having a fun time with it because we all knew they were disappearing soon.

DOK

Don’t believe there is a stick shift in our building, 120 trucks, you might get lucky like that.