ron paul.

av8torntn

(yes that includes the Kochs who hate Paul's economic ideas, that should speak volumes alone)
A Ron Paul nominee is the nightmare neither democrat or republican establishocrats want because "We The People" would then clearly see that both parties are the 2 wings of the same bird of prey!

Aren't the Kochs limited government/free market leaning types? I'm not sure but I thought that I saw somewhere one ran on the Libertarian ticket once.

My point towards Ron Paul was more along the lines of why I do not think he has a real shot at the nomination. I think there is no doubt that he is the only candidate left that would offer a clear distinction or distinct choice against Obama/Biden. Neither side of the establishment wants that choice. They would in my opinion continue to trade public/private sector jobs each election cycle.

One serious question that I assume we will never know the true answer to. Do you think the general public would understand a Keynesian/Austrian debate on economics? I have a small amount of educational background in economics and whenever I bring up even some basic things on here it tends to get passed over and I try to dumb it way down generally. A presidential campaign is more about one liners and talking points than it is about facts and reality. I've always been curious how it would play out. It would be great if it played out like the youtube video Keynes vs Mises rap battle royal.

As a side note I would love, love, love to see a civil rights debate between Obama-Paul on the national stage. Paul could crush Obama in my opinion(racist news letters and all). In this type of debate Paul could use one liners and talking points to his advantage.

wkmac

Aren't the Kochs limited government/free market leaning types? I'm not sure but I thought that I saw somewhere one ran on the Libertarian ticket once.

My point towards Ron Paul was more along the lines of why I do not think he has a real shot at the nomination. I think there is no doubt that he is the only candidate left that would offer a clear distinction or distinct choice against Obama/Biden. Neither side of the establishment wants that choice. They would in my opinion continue to trade public/private sector jobs each election cycle.

One serious question that I assume we will never know the true answer to. Do you think the general public would understand a Keynesian/Austrian debate on economics? I have a small amount of educational background in economics and whenever I bring up even some basic things on here it tends to get passed over and I try to dumb it way down generally. A presidential campaign is more about one liners and talking points than it is about facts and reality. I've always been curious how it would play out. It would be great if it played out like the youtube video Keynes vs Mises rap battle royal.

As a side note I would love, love, love to see a civil rights debate between Obama-Paul on the national stage. Paul could crush Obama in my opinion(racist news letters and all). In this type of debate Paul could use one liners and talking points to his advantage.

Enjoyed that read on several points. On the Kochtopus, there is a lot out there on the matter but 2 pieces I think do a good job at hitting the high points are Mises Institute's Senior Fellow David Gordon who wrote this piece for LRC and then Justin Raimondo of AntiWar.com who speaks fairly and even in some manner a defense of the Koch's and yet was there as a first hand witness to how the Kochs can operate. I'd agree the Koch Bros. aren't the boogie men made out to be as Justin rightly points out but they aren't the pinnacles of libertarian and free market principles either. That's my take on it.

I agree that any discussion of Keynesian or Austrian economics in current American politics is lost on much of the population. Mention Austrian economics and most folks will think you are trying to make the country Austria in charge of our economics so there you go. I find dumbing it down makes little difference as those who want to catch up will and no amount of making it easy will urge some folks to catch up. Those that want to catch up will and those sincere you'll know it and then adjust accordingly. One liners and talking points is what most want so your point is well made.

I don't think Paul is perfect because if he was and got elected, he'd declare himself dictator, order everyone in Washington back home from where they came and then dynamite Washington DC into rumble and then himself retire back to Texas. LOL! OK, so Paul will never do that but I too would love to see Obama have to face down Ron Paul in a one on one debate on the real issues. Paul even plans in all his cutting to use some of the money saved to fully fund social security (no candidate anywhere proposes that) and then this frees up for the great debate on what to do with the new generation of workers going forward in regards to this FDR dinosaur. On civil rights, Paul would destroy Obama and in light of Obama's own record in regards to individual rights, it would be a blood letting. Obama is so bad on this issue that even the radical leftist Chris Hedges is suing Obama in Federal Court along these very lines of individual liberty protections.

As I said, Ron is the nightmare neither party wants to have, the 2 wings of the same bird of prey!

moreluck

golden ticket member
What does legalizing drugs mean then?

"Congressman Paul believes states have the right to legalize the sale of drugs -- all types of drugs, even heroine. The 76-year-old candidate justifies his position by stating that the prohibition of alcohol didn't work in the 1920s. But what he fails to mention is that once prohibition was repealed, per capita consumption increased threefold, increasing the incidences of health issues, welfare, and traffic-related deaths related to alcoholism."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I like his views, but his foreign policy Golden Rule depends on people being "normal'.....and there are monsters in some places....

Just don't get sick...without insurance. Ron would let you die, and feel good about it afterwards because he had stuck to his "core principles".