running air by commit time???

Warning letter

Running all my air by the commit!!! Was questioned why i wasn't over riding it, the ones way out,.. Told them the diad said 12:00. was told to over ride it!!! I think that is falsifying records which is punishable with termination!!! Asked if they could change the times in the diad?>?? No answer!!!! Wondering what you thought????

Cementups

Box Monkey
If the time says 12:00 then deliver it by twelve. I never even heard of overriding air. Don't take chances. Your job is more important than their word.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yeah, I wouldn't dare. If they are telling you the airs are "too far out" to meet the commit times our customers paid for ...then tell them to fix your dispatch.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you overide a address at the stop. and the stop is a NDA, it will not show up as late F4 I think is the overide!!!!

The fact that no one even knew how to do this tells you that your management team is doing this just to try and meet numbers. This is a big no no. Someone will end up fired over it.

This isn't your problem u just keep delivering them on time. They either need to lighten your load or have an air driver deliver it.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

F4? Are you using the DIAD V? Also, for what purpose would the override key be used validly; why would a deliverer (hourly or supv) be given the ability to mess with this?

I recently found out that if you prerecord a stop-whether it has air in it or not-and then close it out via using the multiple left at feature the time stamp goes by when the pkg is first scanned and the air will not be considered late, even if you don't complete the stop before 10:30. However, there is logic behind this, like when delivering packages to a college mail room, with each package having a dorm room on it; these are all not supposed to be sheeted as one stop-as I was told-but rather are suppose to have each individual dorm room pre-recorded, however when you close them out, you are to use "duplicate resident" (DR). At such a stop you could be pre-recording past 10:30, or at a common dock area for a hospital with different addresses for three different departments signed by one receiver who has you segregate them. However, for what purpose would we ever need to "override" a package (and I know the "override" key; I have often wondered about it's purpose)?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Tell them you will record the packages however they want you to as long as they put it in writing.

The BS tends to come to a screeching halt when you tell em to put it in writing.

S

serenity now

deliver them by commit time * any attempt to "trick" the system will eventually blow up in your face *
you never need to cover your tracks if you just stay on the right path

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I would do as told, however, I would send a text letting them know it was their idea. "Do you want me to deliver these air late"?

A big problem is drivers pre-recording air before commit times. Then, they wonder why we start so late?

This happens in my center. What he is saying is some areas have have 1200 commit times but some times they don't say it in the broad, they say 1030. They didn't fix it in dispatch for that day. This can be tricky, part of my route is in a town that is in a 1030 commit where the other part is 1200, but they are in the same zip. So some times the 1200 committed areas come 1030. So I can change it and its legal. But the past couple of years the dispatchers have been butting 1200 on some non 1200 committed areas. Its wrong but if its in the broad 1200 I take pics and save them just in case they try burn me. To answer the other questions you can change the commit time from 1030 to 1200 by changing the zip or town which ever comes first and it will not come up late. The best rule of thumb is if it's 1030 it's 1030. If it's 1200 it's 1200. If they don't like it, despatch can change it.

barnyard

KTM rider
We eliminated all OCL splits in my center several years ago. Instead changing all to noon, they were changed to the earlier, in town commit. Added 45 minutes to my day yesterday.

Doing anything to avoid paying a late claim is dishonesty and it is all interstate fraud. Eventually, a really big shipper is going to catch someone doing that and call a US attorney. My wife's ex-employer came very close to that several years ago when a driver in Rochester, NY sheeted NDAs as closed and then delivered them at 10:50.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I would do as told, however, I would send a text letting them know it was their idea. "Do you want me to deliver these air late"?

A big problem is drivers pre-recording air before commit times. Then, they wonder why we start so late?

I would NOT do this unless, everyone is being told to deliver air late. IE: Air gets to building late. Confirm your commit times and make sure they get there by that time. Don't lose your job because some sup is trying to fudge the numbers.

Or like Sober said, put it in writing.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This happens in my center. What he is saying is some areas have have 1200 commit times but some times they don't say it in the broad, they say 1030. They didn't fix it in dispatch for that day. This can be tricky, part of my route is in a town that is in a 1030 commit where the other part is 1200, but they are in the same zip. So some times the 1200 committed areas come 1030. So I can change it and its legal. But the past couple of years the dispatchers have been butting 1200 on some non 1200 committed areas. Its wrong but if its in the broad 1200 I take pics and save them just in case they try burn me. To answer the other questions you can change the commit time from 1030 to 1200 by changing the zip or town which ever comes first and it will not come up late. The best rule of thumb is if it's 1030 it's 1030. If it's 1200 it's 1200. If they don't like it, despatch can change it.

The best way to motivate them to change it is to type in "x" for "other" when the exception code pops up wanting to know why it was delivered late.

Warning letter

Called the 1800 number, acted like a customer that was going to send a NDA letter to somebody in my del zip-code.... Ask what the commit time in that area was so I could tell the receiver what time to be looking for the package!!!!!! Was told everything in that zip was 12:00 commit time!!!!!