Safety By Committment/Not by Choice-Injuries and Accidents By Chance/ Not By Choice!

Integrity

Binge Poster
To All,

Safety With Integrity

Every employee, union and management, of every company must accept the reality that working safely is a personal responsiblity.

Safety By Committment-Not By Choice

Following safe work practices is not a choice. When you are employed by a company you are obligated to do as you are trained.

Only self-serving, self-centered or arrogant hourly employees will intentionally take short cuts on safe work practices.

By doing this you are only hurting the integrity of your union brotherhood, and all of your fellow employees.

Only self-serving, self-centered and immoral management personell would intentionally direct, permit, coherce, or intimidate an employee under his or her charge to violate any safe work practice, ever.

Some companies have their management people sign safety committment statements. There is no Integrity in these types of committment statements if the company has no intention of seeing that these commitments are honored.

Often times the management person goes directly from signing it in the office to the operation and immediately behaves contrary to the committment.

Shouldn't this type of dishonesty be grounds for termination?

Accidents/Injuries By Chance/ Not By Choice

It is very hard to believe that given the choice, a person would choose an accident over not having and accident.

It is also hard to believe that given the choice, a person would choose and injury over not being injured.

Fact Not Fiction:

Some of the most unsafe workers will never have an accident or an injury.

Chance, and the fact that unsafe workers don't following injury reporting procedures contribute this fact.

Some of the most safety conscience, diligent workers will have multiple on the job injury reports throughout his or her career.

Chance, and the fact that safety conscience workers report all injuries regardless of the severity as they are trained.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Re: Safety By Committment/Not by Choice-Injuries and Accidents By Chance/ Not By Choi

But that's the ups way do you think it will ever change???
anonymous,

If the Local or International Union would publish some memos, flyers or makes speeches similar to the ones that I make, then I think change is possible.

Parking lot, bull horn rallies covering topics with Integrity would be good place to start.

Sincerely,
I

P

pickup

Re: Safety By Committment/Not by Choice-Injuries and Accidents By Chance/ Not By Choi

I love you, I.

packageguy

To All,

Safety With Integrity

Every employee, union and management, of every company must accept the reality that working safely is a personal responsiblity.

Safety By Committment-Not By Choice

Following safe work practices is not a choice. When you are employed by a company you are obligated to do as you are trained.

Only self-serving, self-centered or arrogant hourly employees will intentionally take short cuts on safe work practices.

By doing this you are only hurting the integrity of your union brotherhood, and all of your fellow employees.

Only self-serving, self-centered and immoral management personell would intentionally direct, permit, coherce, or intimidate an employee under his or her charge to violate any safe work practice, ever.

Some companies have their management people sign safety committment statements. There is no Integrity in these types of committment statements if the company has no intention of seeing that these commitments are honored.

Often times the management person goes directly from signing it in the office to the operation and immediately behaves contrary to the committment.

Shouldn't this type of dishonesty be grounds for termination?

Accidents/Injuries By Chance/ Not By Choice

It is very hard to believe that given the choice, a person would choose an accident over not having and accident.

It is also hard to believe that given the choice, a person would choose and injury over not being injured.

Fact Not Fiction:

Some of the most unsafe workers will never have an accident or an injury.

Chance, and the fact that unsafe workers don't following injury reporting procedures contribute this fact.

Some of the most safety conscience, diligent workers will have multiple on the job injury reports throughout his or her career.

Chance, and the fact that safety conscience workers report all injuries regardless of the severity as they are trained.

Sincerely,
I

Here is an example, Last week driver rolled his ankle went to doctors gave him 4 days off, came back to work yesterday and got a warning letter for his injury. He told the center manager he is fighting this tooth and nail, and will get a lawyer if need be.

So , what UPS is saying, is don't report the injury.
That is what the drives are saying and thinking.

What was said straight out is 1st injury warning letter,
2nd injury notice of suspense
3rd injury notice of discharge.

Integrity, I agree with what you said, but it seems to be a one way street. Drivers are held accountable for every accident and every injury, and always punished for them. Yet, sometimes members of management are just as culpable. Safety does not start with us drivers. It ends with us drivers. It is absolutely up to us to work safely. But safety starts before the drivers punch in every morning. Safety, or lack thereof, starts when management decides to cut routes, over dispatch the existing routes, hold the drivers in the building for meaningless videos and quizzes, and force drivers to break route 5 times a day because on call air drivers are no longer needed. The drivers are set up to fail even before we punch in. We are supposed to be a team. If they want a safety commitment from us, they need to give us a similar commitment.

steward71

That is the problem with union, NO ENFORCEMENT, BUT NOW I'M HEARING THE GREAT MAN HOFFA IS NOW SAYING THAT COME JULY HE WILL MAKE UPS CLEAN UP THE ACT. ELECTION TIME IS COMING FOR THE BIG MAN HE HAS TO MAKE HIMSELF LOOK GOOD.

brownelf

Been hearing lots of things are happening behind the scenes regarding workloads, excessive hrs and harassment. July will be a interesting month, but nothing will get done until after the election. JMO

Integrity

Binge Poster

Here is an example, Last week driver rolled his ankle went to doctors gave him 4 days off, came back to work yesterday and got a warning letter for his injury. He told the center manager he is fighting this tooth and nail, and will get a lawyer if need be.

So , what UPS is saying, is don't report the injury.
That is what the drives are saying and thinking.

What was said straight out is 1st injury warning letter,
2nd injury notice of suspense
3rd injury notice of discharge.
littleboybrown,

Reporting an on the job injury is a protected activity under Section 11(c) if the Occupational Health and Safety Act.

Please read:http://www.whistleblowers.gov/index.html

Being disciplined as a result of filing an on-the-job injury report is also a violation of Article 14 of the National Contract.

This behavior should be reported at once.

Individuals who support working against Integrity in this way should change their ways immediately or they should find a new place to work.

Individuals who are are being instructed to do this should report the individuals responsible for this oppressive and wrongful treatment of injured workers.

Sincerely,
I

littleboybrown,Reporting an on the job injury is a protected activity under Section 11(c) if the Occupational Health and Safety Act.Please read:http://www.whistleblowers.gov/index.htmlBeing disciplined as a result of filing an on-the-job injury report is also a violation of Article 14 of the National Contract.This behavior should be reported at once. Individuals who support working against Integrity in this way should change their ways immediately or they should find a new place to work.Individuals who are are being instructed to do this should report the individuals responsible for this oppressive and wrongful treatment of injured workers.Sincerely,I
Integrity are you a Teamster???????

Integrity

Binge Poster

Integrity are you a Teamster???????
anonymous,

[video=youtube;U9G18qHPhcM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=U9G18qHPhcM[/video]

I want you to tell all your friends about me.

I'm Integrity!

Sincerely,
I

anonymous,[video=youtube;U9G18qHPhcM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=U9G18qHPhcM[/video]I want you to tell all your friends about me.I'm Integrity!Sincerely,I
I knew you were a teamster you have a very good understanding of the contract. Are you a business agent ????

packageguy

littleboybrown,

Reporting an on the job injury is a protected activity under Section 11(c) if the Occupational Health and Safety Act.

Being disciplined as a result of filing an on-the-job injury report is also a violation of Article 14 of the National Contract.

Individuals who support working against Integrity in this way should change their ways immediately or they should find a new place to work.

Individuals who are are being instructed to do this should report the individuals responsible for this oppressive and wrongful treatment of injured workers.

Sincerely,
I

I did just that, Thank you very much, That is what I knew, but needed comfirmation. Thank you again

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

littleboybrown,

Sincerely,
I

I'm sure you realize OSHA requires employers to take disciplinary action against unsafe actions and behaviors in the work place.

There's no discipline for getting injured. There is discipline for unsafe actions and behavior, including those which result in an injury.

Safety can't be enforced without disciplinary action. OSHA wants to see formal training and discipline to curb unsafe work behaviors and conditions. Without it they view the employer as apathetic and unwilling to enforce safe work practices.

menotyou

bella amicizia

Creating the unsafe work situation and then disciplining the employee for getting injured while working in that situation which resulted in an injury is NOT what OSHA meant. The company has gotten so vile that people are extremely fearful for their jobs. In that environment, people do things that they wouldn't normally do. It is easy to say don't worry about it. It is not easy to sit out of work without a paycheck while waiting for the union to get your job back. Not many people have 6 months of savings to sit on. No one should have to save 6 months wages just because UPS might get a hair up their ass and fire you for some B.S., like I have seen too many times at my little center.

Why aren't the supervisors punished for creating the unsafe work environment. Oh, that's right. UPS would have to admit fault.

UPS is the extremely abusive boyfriend and the union workforce is the beaten and broken girlfriend who is too scared to leave.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

ANYONE, care for my combo job ?
I'm tired, very tired of people making threats of physical violence when they arrive for SDWC ?
I am not the complaint dept nor am I there to kiss their :censored2:.
If you REALLY needed that package , why weren't you home when the driver attempted it ?

UnconTROLLed

perfection

ANYONE, care for my combo job ?
I'm tired, very tired of people making threats of physical violence when they arrive for SDWC ?
I am not the complaint dept nor am I there to kiss their :censored2:.
If you REALLY needed that package , why weren't you home when the driver attempted it ?

I really miss it there. :happy-very: Let's trade, you can preload 6 hours a day then forfeit your 8 because there are no vehicles to run airs with.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

love to, but I have no dot, medically unfit.
so they would have to give me 8 inside @ day.