Saw some pictures of Tesla tractors....

quad decade guy

Did you know.....

Electric airplanes have propellers(only).

This sets aviation back 70 years.

Propeller driven airplanes were obsolete in 1942. The top speed of propeller driven airplanes is subsonic. That's it. Who in the world would want propellers as the future.......or severely limited utilitarian EV's?

Can you imagine watching WW3 at 450 kts.?

wilberforce15

Did you know.....

Electric airplanes have propellers(only).

This sets aviation back 70 years.

Propeller driven airplanes were obsolete in 1942. The top speed of propeller driven airplanes is subsonic. That's it. Who in the world would want propellers as the future.......or severely limited utilitarian EV's?

Can you imagine watching WW3 at 450 kts.?
What have you been smoking this morning?

quad decade guy

A human kills a human with a car every 10 minutes in this country.

And you're scared of perfect-reaction time AI on the highway? The AI is never drunk, high, or on its cell phone.
Are we going to start charging manslaughter to the perfect reaction time AI's? God you are obtuse.

Never all that....and especially 100% foolproof......hint......they have to be.

Just wait for the 500 passenger....pilotless airliner lawn darting in.....because of 5g interference.......lolololol.

wilberforce15

Are we going to start charging manslaughter to the perfect reaction time AI's? God you are obtuse.

Never all that....and especially 100% foolproof......hint......they have to be.

Just wait for the 500 passenger....pilotless airliner lawn darting in.....because of 5g interference.......lolololol.
Nobody said anything was 100% foolproof. I said it's safer than you, because it is safer than you.

And highway deaths would be reduced by 90%+ today if it could be magically installed on every car.

Nobody brought up 5g, airliners, electric planes, propellors, or pilotless planes. Literally nobody. You are talking to yourself.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Propeller driven airplanes were obsolete in 1942. The top speed of propeller driven airplanes is subsonic. That's it. Who in the world would want propellers as the future
People who don't want to or can't afford $3m for the most entry level jet on the market and have no need or desire to travel that fast?

quad decade guy

Nobody said anything was 100% foolproof. I said it's safer than you, because it is safer than you.

And highway deaths would be reduced by 90%+ today if it could be magically installed on every car.

Nobody brought up 5g, airliners, electric planes, propellors, or pilotless planes. Literally nobody. You are talking to yourself.
No.

Just your way of ignoring reality.....a pillar of your personality. See ya.

wilberforce15

People who don't want to or can't afford $3m for the most entry level jet on the market and have no need or desire to travel that fast?
Electric aviation definitely has a limited but real role. Big passenger travel is not even remotely possible. But short, reliable, cheap flights with low payload? Lots of possibilities there. This guy just changes the subject any time he finds it convenient.

quad decade guy

You aren't paying attention...or listening.

quad decade guy

Actually today's military planners could use a fleet or two of these slower , longer range aircraft.
Why waste multi- million dollar aircrafts on ground support missions.
Longer range?LOLOLOLOL.

More payload?LOLOLOLOLOL.

Slower?LOLOLOLOL.

Let's review(see above).

Imagine getting that proposal across your desk....at even UPS.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I heard a rumor my center will be getting some in the future. As usual, I'm sure they will be put in service before they prepare us in Automotive with any information or, God forbid, training.

wilberforce15

I heard a rumor my center will be getting some in the future. As usual, I'm sure they will be put in service before they prepare us in Automotive with any information or, God forbid, training.
If they're going to be getting any real use, they'll be installing megachargers, which is a decent construction project and should include a lot of time.

rickyb

Talked with an ORS that got a first hand look at the Ontario CA. hub. The center seat driver position was interesting. I asked about OJS rides...he said there can be provisions....

I asked about range and recharge time.....450 miles and 5 hours basically. He did mention "quick change" batteries. Also multiple large instrument screens....gosh we finally going to get navigation in feeders? Naw, they'll probably disable it....

So, lot's of our tractors here are double-utilized if possible. Diesel or CNG fueled in about 10-15 min. often hot-seating/handing the keys to a co-driver.

So, even the ORS admitted we would have to hire a whole new group to deal with Tesla tractors. Imagine the cost and time. He also mentioned the increased electrical requirements of the tractors physical plant.....basically as much as it takes to run the whole building.....!

Our infrastructure at our hub is based on fossil fuels. Tractors mainly CNG. Pkg car diesel/gasoline. We have a huge CNG network on property. 95% of our Feeders are CNG. With all electric pkg cars.....I would consider a failure.....we have a couple. They just don't have utility.

ORS said they were looking at acquiring 75 Tesla tractors. We've heard NOTHING here.

Platooning was mentioned also.
china shipping with high speed rail

much cheaper and more efficient

puts them at economic advantage