Security Shoots Armed Man Outside NJ UPS

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Dec 13, 2014.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  2. rod

rod retired and happy

3. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Amen, but since when do we have armed guards? It said he used to be a cop so I'm guessing it was his personal weapon that he wasn't supposed to be carrying while at UPS.

4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

In Jersey they will probably charge the security guard for something because of the silly gun laws there.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Gould Ave. Somebody better have a gun if you are watching that place.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

The articles are pretty vague still. I have a bunch of questions:

Was he on the clock?
    Was he in his personal vehicle or a security company vehicle/UPS company car?
    Did the male party on foot approach him with the gun pointed at him, at his side or holstered?
    Did the injured party get any shots off?
    What made the guard open fire rather than removing himself from the area like security guards are trained to do? (Likely his years as a LEO). The articles state he opened fire and struck the man who was on foot several times.
    As a former police officer I can tell you (I'm sure @scooby0048 would agree) that we are trained to "double tap" and shoot for center mass, but we're not supposed to advertise the double tap to outsiders--rather to just say we used the necessary force to "stop."

7. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

....wait for it.......

"hands up, don't ship".

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  8. Feeders101

Feeders101 Member

"Hands up" and you won't get a cap in yor :censored2:.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Exactly!! Been saying that all along. If michael brown would have put his hands uo he wouldn't be dead

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

That building is in one of the worst neighborhoods in all of America. I wouldn't take a transfer there if they gave me $100 an hour.

If you're plan on going to Newark, NJ, come heavy or don't come at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Kis124

Kis124 Member

My hub has private security who are all retired cops. They carry guns and roam the building. That, and the security guards at the shack

12. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

Where you at Rockford?

13. oldstagg

oldstagg Member

we use off duty police officers and or retired police officers in high crime areas. We expect them to be armed.

14. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Cool never heard that

15. thessalonian13

thessalonian13 Active Member

I used to work at the Gould ave hub. It's a whole different world there. I had 2 guns pulled on me while I was working there, including 1 pointed to my face. Irvington and East Orange are very rough neighborhoods. I have a few wacky stories from my days there. I am so glad I don't work in that area anymore.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

That is not possible.

New Jersey has some of the strictest gun-control laws in the country. You must be wrong; it obviously would have to be one of the safest places in the country to work and live.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. browner89

browner89 Active Member

I love this logic the law makers try to push down our throats when it seems to always be backwards.

Crappy neighborhoods are crappy because of crappy people, if they want to commit violent crimes they're going to commit them, and most crimes, correct me if I'm wrong, are illegal, so why would a law stop a criminal from doing something illegal when they're already ...doing illegal things. My head...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Is it wrong to guess who's who in the comments of BrownCafe Facebook posts?

I'm asking for a friend...

19. Kis124

Kis124 Member

No, in Maryland

20. MassWineGuy

MassWineGuy Active Member

I think the guard did a good thing. What else could two guys with guns be doing there at 4 am?

From what I understand, many package cars in New York routinely have armed guards riding along.