Seeing in the dark

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by djkre8r, Nov 6, 2012.

1. djkre8r

djkre8r Member

Now that it gets dark earlier - what do you use to see better in the dark?

I bought a LED hat at Lowes that is incredible. It had 1 LED pointing forward and 2 LEDs under the bill that lights up your walk path. Lowes normally puts these on sale during the Black Friday weekend. Link below...
    I also bought a flashlight last year that shines White, Red, Green, and blinks Red. The blinking came in real handy one night when I was delivering on a busy road.
    811465278725lg.jpg
    Shop Panther Vision Spotlight LED Flashlight at Lowes.com
    811465278725lg.jpg

2. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

I carry my 3 d cell magazine light. I have experience with it from previous jobs and its protection too.

3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Flashlights are like condoms. I don't use them.

4. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

I carry a little AA maglite in my Backpack just in case my helper get scarred of the dark other wise I don't use a light it's just one more thing that I have to keep track of and that gets in the way.

5. rod

rod retired and happy

You would use one if you were delivering in the country and you had to walk up a path that was darker than the inside of a cow. Not every route has street lights on every corner. Come to think of it I bet there was a big increase in flashlight users on the east coast this last week or so..

6. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

This. I have my whole route memorized so I could do this :censored2: blindfolded.

7. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

Swing driver. Was sent to help a fellow driver in the blind. Apparently they can't afford street lights. Anyways, damn the DIAD V is too damn bright. But the flashlight function works great.

8. Argize

Argize New Member

Cool looking hat!

I just got a new flashlight that's a total beast! It puts out 500 Lumens up to 200 meters. ( It also has lower settings and a strobe light feature for entertaining those "special customers" on your route. :rolleyes:) It's waterproof, impact resistant and comes with a stainless steel pocket clip, a holster and lanyard so you have various carry options. You can also order an optional weapon mount and utilize it that way. It's pretty pricey but I totally love it since I have a rural route and don't see in the dark as well as I used to. http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/rchay/Other/M20-X.jpg
    M20-X.jpg

9. DiadDude

DiadDude Member

Anyone using the flashlight on the DIAD 5? If so how's it working for you?

10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Me too. It gets dark as *uck on my route but I know it like the back of my hand.

11. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

It's kinda weak but a nice feature never the less.

12. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Hmmm....Never been inside a cow. Which end do you go in?

13. rod

rod retired and happy

14. Speedy Cerviche

Speedy Cerviche New Member

Someone turned off the light in a bathroom I was reading a paper in today. The flashlight was super handy.

15. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

Streamlight Polytac LED.

Not all of us are on the same route every day...

I know about 30+ routes, I get sent wherever and wherever...

Fits nicely in the hand, or shirt pocket, etc...

It has an on/off switch which also functions as a 'momentary' switch...quite useful.

Batteries are special, but can be bought in bulk on Amazon or eBay.

I've gone through four or five flashlights, this one's the deal...

16. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I point my headlights where ever ill be walking. That's how I see.

17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I'd lose that in a heart beat.

18. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

19. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Never carried a flashlight. I prefer to park in front of a house, realize its not the one, and walk down to the correct house half a block away.

20. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

For how much that flashlight cost it should deliver the package for you.