Sell me on UPSPAC

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Really, he got a $4 million dollar increase in total compensation, and his contribution went down by $10 ??

So how much would you give if you contributed at the same percentage of your total compensation as D. Scott Davis did?

Now the really fun part ot the FEC data base, is that its not just the Management committee that is there. ANYONE that gave $200 or more in a year is there.

So go ahead, look up the District and Region Managers. I would make a more informed choice; a choice that is based on how you are being led; not just based on what you are told.

There are guidelines as what each level within UPS management is recommended to give. That is why the amount stays the same.
I have given more than $200 before even though that is above the guidelines but I have given the recommended amount in the last 5 years or so.

brownone

Doing your job is why you get a pay check. Your "extra effort" is in your MIP, unless you were not recomended last year. PAC's make a donation that gets them in the door to talk. Right wrong or indifferant it is the way politics work. If you do not want to give do not give, I hope you at least vote.

Last edited:

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Doing your job is why you get a pay check. Your "extra effort" is in your MIP, unless you were not recomended last year. PAC's make a donation that gets them in the door to talk. Right wrong or indeifferant it is the way politics work. If you do not want to give do not give, I hope you at least vote.
Politicians get healthy paychecks, better healthcare than the rest of us, many of their living and travel expenses paid, exemptions from many laws, and unbelievable pensions. This is compensation for doing their jobs. And, they supposedly go into politics because they want to serve their constituents. We hire them with our votes and pay them well so I don't understand why they'll only listen if we bring a check. Sounds like a whole bunch of them need to lose their jobs.Why does a job that's supposed to be temporary come with a pension anyway?

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
There are guidelines as what each level within UPS management is recommended to give. That is why the amount stays the same.I have given more than $200 before even though that is above the guidelines but I have given the recommended amount in the last 5 years or so.
I always give the recommended amount, but the politicians aren't getting the job done and my revenue is down over the last few years. Have to bring expenses in line, make some painful cutbacks, maybe create some restricted PAC units that will vest at a future date if still employed.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I always give the recommended amount, but the politicians aren't getting the job done and my revenue is down over the last few years. Have to bring expenses in line, make some painful cutbacks, maybe create some restricted PAC units that will vest at a future date if still employed.

Discretionary spending is the first cut without regard to the consequences - thats the example I see. I donated, but I would be forced to take another path if I followed the lead provided.

Black_6_Leader

I guess the point is so simple, that it was missed . . . Scott Davis is compensates at a rate that is some 80- 90 times what an average Manager at UPS is compensated . . . But his UPS PAC contribution is only 4 1/2 times the recommended UPSPAC contribution for a manager.

The imbalance is stunning . . .

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I give the Union's DRIVE PAC $1 a week. To be fair I should give the company's PAC the same amount. Is there a simple form or do I have to wait until they send me a DVD like a few years ago? I just joined AARP. I understand they might be involved in a litltle lobbying.

ifreak

I would love for the laws to change about PACs in general. Campaign finance reform would fix a lot in DC. Unfortunately it takes the folks who benefit most from it to fix it. You are not obligated to give to UPSPAC and the amounts are "recommended". You can go smaller. I give to UPSPAC but I give and equal amount to some liberal cause like moveon.org or something to balance it out in my mind.

pretzel_man

I would love for the laws to change about PACs in general. Campaign finance reform would fix a lot in DC. Unfortunately it takes the folks who benefit most from it to fix it. You are not obligated to give to UPSPAC and the amounts are "recommended". You can go smaller. I give to UPSPAC but I give and equal amount to some liberal cause like moveon.org or something to balance it out in my mind.

I also wish laws for PAC's were different. I wish a lot of laws were different. I wish some rules between UPS and the Union were different.

But they are not....

Therefore, I will continue to give to UPSPAC, as I have always done.

UPS give about 60% to Republicans, 40% to democrats. A pretty even split....

2years2go

\ Graduate member
What's difficult for many to comprehend is that we really no long live under a true representative form of government. If we did, each voter should be able to equally influence our representatives. One man, one vote, one dollar should be the law of the land. Why should a wealthy individual, pact, union or corporation have the ability to influence your representative more than you do. Until we change our election laws, only a small handful of the wealthiest people in our nation actually dictate the direction that our nation goes. If you really think that YOU elect people of your choice in the USA, you'd better think again.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I just saw a former love interest, yesterday. Talk about having your heart go pitter-patter. I was 19 and he was 35. He is 59, now. Still as handsome as ever.