seniority ?

KLAmes.UPS

I just got my one year driver raise. Also, my full time seniority date is 5/8/10. The driver ahead of me on the list has worked at the building longer than me and started driving before me. However, his seniority date is 7/22/10. He gets to pick what route he wants to do each day before me. Should I make a big deal of this now? Another thought I had waste wait until a bid route opened, and if he bid it, then make a deal of it. I don't want to make a big deal of it, then tlthe mgmt realize I shouldn't have gotten that raise. Just curious as to what some seniored upsers thought I should do.

Thanks

kingOFchester

Good question. As I see it, you would have the right to bump the other driver in order to work.

Where I have issues with is the right to pick a cover route. In my center, there are moves being made up until start time. I have gone in and have been bumped from 3 routes. The cover drivers with more seniority will bump the lower guys in order to get a better trip. We leave at 8:30 and moves are being made right up to 8:30. I have heard that seniority gives you the right to work, but not to choose which trip you want for the day.

upserr1

If he was a full time driver before you then he has more seniority than you doesn't matter if your seniority date is before his what was your job title before you became a driver

Last edited:

Cementups

Box Monkey
If you don't start maknig a big deal of it now then it's gonna be harder to make your point later. Start barking up the tree now.