Shinzo Abe assassinated

oldngray

nowhere special
The average person could care less and probably views every single German at that time a Nazi
There was a lot of friction between the Nazis and people like professional military. Too many ignored or refused to see what was going on because it was easier to just go along with things. Later they ended up with no choice if they wanted to live.

vantexan

There was a lot of friction between the Nazis and people like professional military. Too many ignored or refused to see what was going on because it was easier to just go along with things. Later they ended up with no choice if they wanted to live.
It's why we must never surrender the 2nd Amendment.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member

Hitler wanted full control and was a complete idiot in regards to military. The top generals had no choice but to follow orders

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Japanese were considered to be honorary Aryans, but the whole alliance was shaky. Japan was more trying to pick it side carefully.

newfie

The other European countries pretty much raped Germany after WW1 and the resentment it created allowed the Nazi rise to power.
its interesting how these negotiations set up WWII . the Japanese not being allowed to provide input into those negotiations also led to resentment that translated into their actions leading up to WWII.

lessons on how to negotiate a surrender

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The other European countries pretty much raped Germany after WW1 and the resentment it created allowed the Nazi rise to power.
The treaty of Versailles set the clock in motion for WW2. Many at the time new it too. Still, by 1929 the Nazis had not been accepted by the vast majority of the Germans. The stock market collapse reversed their fortunes. Hitler looked like a prophet, since he’d warned about all the loans Germany had from America.
The Nazis never had a majority, they ended up taking power through force and lies.

El Correcto

god is dead
its interesting how these negotiations set up WWII . the Japanese not being allowed to provide input into those negotiations also led to resentment that translated into their actions leading up to WWII.

lessons on how to negotiate a surrender
Most of Japanese resentment came from American influence over their imperial interests in Asia and the white nations stepping in to save Russia.
It was because no matter how imperialist and westernized they became they would never be white and they would never be treated equally.
1657398582479.jpeg

Part of the reason this man had much more influence over Asian culture than any Japanese leader ever will.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
agreed but to my point that germans that came later did all the apologizing very few of the germans who were part of that nigthmare apologized later. as a german born person i experienced being called a nazi when i entered american schools. any effort to question and understand how germany got sucked into the hitler fanaticism from my german relatives was dismissed and deflected.
Germans should have been placed in internment camps during the war and had all their possessions confiscated.