Shooting at fed ex building

dezguy

I wondered about that. The news always just lumps all FedEx together. Doesn't Ground have pretty much the same security though?
Security is pretty much non existent at most locations, at least for express. Unless you're at a ramp or a hub, the company expects the employees to play security guard.

AB831

Security is pretty much non existent at most locations, at least for express. Unless you're at a ramp or a hub, the company expects the employees to play security guard.
I thought security’s job was just to rat out people who don’t honk their horn twice when entering the building.

Working4the1%

Rumor is all employees had to have cells in locked in lockers ... that will be a very expensive policy decision. Will let u know how it will affect each and every team member on October 1st

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The one Ground facility I went to was like Ft. Knox. in order to even get in the building, you had to go through security, and yes a metal detector, in a separate building. They weren’t even allowed to bring their keys into the station.

CookiePuss

The Ground station where I worked looks like a prison. It is surrounded by barbed wire and there are only two ways in besides the main gate. One way is through the guard shack where you were searched and went through a metal detector before you entered the building. The other way was you were buzzed in through a gate after swiping your badge. FedEx got rid of the private security officers a few years before I left, so everyone went through the gate without being searched at all. I wonder if they’ll hire security back now?

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I'm ups but hekl our security is relaxed since the pandemic. No searches in or out of facility in over a year. It's a damn free for all.

Stat41

The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. But those good guys cost money and Fedex has chosen not to employ them in most of their locations leaving their employees vulnerable to just this kind of incident. I guess they did a cost/benefit analysis and decided to protect the shareholders instead of the employees. Hopefully Fedex will address this lack of security.

bacha29

We had a TM at my Ground terminal that everybody absolutely loathed. We hated him that badly. Even the regional manager hated him. Hated him so badly that he left him stuck at our small terminal and refused to promote him So what did this arrogant little SOB do? He applied for a position located within another regional jurisdiction and go it.... Guess where it was at?.... Ground.... Indianapolis.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. But those good guys cost money and Fedex has chosen not to employ them in most of their locations leaving their employees vulnerable to just this kind of incident. I guess they did a cost/benefit analysis and decided to protect the shareholders instead of the employees. Hopefully Fedex will address this lack of security.
OUCH!

Damn, the truth HURTS!

AB831

Take a look at the state of the vehicle fleet to see how much Fat Freddy values protecting his employees. If it wasn’t for that damn FAA, the planes would be falling out of the sky too.

MassWineGuy

I wondered about that. The news always just lumps all FedEx together. Doesn't Ground have pretty much the same security though?

Express is technically an airline, so lots of TSA and other policies apply. Probably not so at Ground. Still, why was it so easy to enter the building?