Shop Steward Training?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Integrity, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

To All,

What type of Shop Steward orientation and training does your Local Union provide to new Shop Stewards?

Shop Stewards please share the training that you were given.

Sincerely,
    I

2. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

I have been to 3 shop steward training sessions. 8 hrs. given by the IBT @ our local

3. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

PT Stewie,

How long have you been a Shop Steward?

Did you receive this training as orientation when you became a Shop Steward?

When during your tenure as a Shop Steward did you receive this training?

Did this training cover the complete job responsibilities of a Shop Steward, with training as to how to carry these responsibilities out?

Sincerely,
    I

4. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

I recieved training when I first brcame a steward, and it covered pretty much how to conduct youself professionaly (most aspects) . I have gone back twice for a refresher about every two years . I have been a steward for 7 years.I don't like to miss any additional training. Also I have a good working relationship with my BA and always can rely on the local for any guidance I may need. Being prepared and knowledgeable is they key.

5. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I watched the movie Hoffa.

6. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

None. My father taught me.

7. steward71

steward71 Active Member

my local is a joke, they never return calls, i got most of mine on my own or called the other locals under my supple.

8. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I've done that, too. Hehehehehehe

9. brownelf

brownelf Active Member

our local has yearly steward seminars, over the years they've covered changes in DOT rules to effective ways of mediating issues that come up at work.