should I be worried?

TheKid99

Our seasonal period ended Saturday.

Last week my full time sup said congrats im going to recieve a good rehire status and that I will be staying with the company but I will be going to a different center to either drive or work in local sort. They said to come in Tuesday which is today. I asked again Friday before labor day and recieved the same reponse. I've been a seasonal handler twilight shift since the beginning of June.

So today the guy I referred he only been here a month got an email today for a permanent position.

I recieved nothing and on upsers I cannot see my paystubs and I see stuff about Employment Review Form.

Should I be worried?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Our seasonal period ended Saturday.

Last week my full time sup said congrats im going to recieve a good rehire status and that I will be staying with the company but I will be going to a different center to either drive or work in local sort. They said to come in Tuesday which is today. I asked again Friday before labor day and recieved the same reponse. I've been a seasonal handler twilight shift since the beginning of June.

So today the guy I referred he only been here a month got an email today for a permanent position.

I recieved nothing and on upsers I cannot see my paystubs and I see stuff about Employment Review Form.

Should I be worried?
How many days do you need to work to make book in your local?

Re-Raise

Sounds to me like they are cutting you loose and want you to try to get hired at a different center. Maybe because you ask too many questions.

TheKid99

Sounds to me like they are cutting you loose and want you to try to get hired at a different center. Maybe because you ask too many questions.

You're right
I went in and the training sup was like I don't think you're scheduled to work today she asked for my time card not my id and went to go find a ft sup

Ft sup said that ill be finishing my 4 days this week and ill be going to the new center on Monday. I asked him about the seasonal driving he replied there is no more seasonal and I don't have to bid for a pc job because im permanent but im not seniority I can get rec idk wtf that is.

I talked to a pt sup I was like they were going to get rid if me he said they thought about it.

The ft sup said he want me at UPS because he likes me.
Lol...

PT Car Washer

Of course UPS likes you. You keep coming back everyday. Just hang in there and take the job you are offered. You can always bid on a FT job when you make seniority. Right now you got nothing more then your foot in the door. Use that to your advantage.

Tough Guy

A "rec" is if you're certified to drive (went to school), and maybe have certain area knowledge, management can get the union to approve a "driver rec" which is when they pluck you and put you in a driver position. They can pull a certified driver with less seniority if they need a body, over someone with more seniority who is not yet certified or may not have area knowledge that mgt is looking for. That is, if the union signs off on it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You're right
I went in and the training sup was like I don't think you're scheduled to work today she asked for my time card not my id and went to go find a ft sup

Ft sup said that ill be finishing my 4 days this week and ill be going to the new center on Monday. I asked him about the seasonal driving he replied there is no more seasonal and I don't have to bid for a pc job because im permanent but im not seniority I can get rec idk wtf that is.

I talked to a pt sup I was like they were going to get rid if me he said they thought about it.

The ft sup said he want me at UPS because he likes me.
Lol...

Wut?

TheKid99

I will I talked to my Union BA he gave me great advice and he also said the center I'm going to is so desperate for drivers right now.

My ft sup said he's planning something for me maybe this is it? And he said this center will be a better opportunity for me.

TheKid99

A "rec" is if you're certified to drive (went to school), and maybe have certain area knowledge, management can get the union to approve a "driver rec" which is when they pluck you and put you in a driver position. They can pull a certified driver with less seniority if they need a body, over someone with more seniority who is not yet certified or may not have area knowledge that mgt is looking for. That is, if the union signs off on it.

nice I can see this happening. I was a mailman in the area where this center is and I also was a courier at FedEx so I'm familiar with the areas at this center. I'll be qualified to drive and this center desperately need drivers.

Re-Raise

nice I can see this happening. I was a mailman in the area where this center is and I also was a courier at FedEx so I'm familiar with the areas at this center. I'll be qualified to drive and this center desperately need drivers.
You are doing it again. You should be an inspirational speaker or something.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So you're a two time quitter(or you got fired)...and you're more qualified
than anyone else? Hmmm...