Should I quit FedEx for UPS

dezguy

We are overpaid.

Resident know-it-all.

That's your opinion. If UPS felt you guys were making too much, they would not have agreed to your wages. UPS is still able to make a ton of money every year.

Contract negotiations require both sides to negotiate and both sides to agree to said negotiations. Both sides agreed that you are worth the wage you get paid.

bbsam

Staff member
That's your opinion. If UPS felt you guys were making too much, they would not have agreed to your wages. UPS is still able to make a ton of money every year.

Contract negotiations require both sides to negotiate and both sides to agree to said negotiations. Both sides agreed that you are worth the wage you get paid.
You are only seeing one side of the beast. The backside is the interpretation and implementation of the contract. If UPS knows they are paying 40% more in wages and benefits, they will have concerted efforts to get 55% more productivity out of each worker.

dezguy

You are only seeing one side of the beast. The backside is the interpretation and implementation of the contract. If UPS knows they are paying 40% more in wages and benefits, they will have concerted efforts to get 55% more productivity out of each worker.

What is expected from the rank and file from a productivity is also something that can be negotiated. That is up to the union to fight for. You can only expect so much productivity. At some point, you push people farther than they can go.

bbsam

Staff member
What is expected from the rank and file from a productivity is also something that can be negotiated. That is up to the union to fight for. You can only expect so much productivity. At some point, you push people farther than they can go.
I agree. But the company simply ties things up and grievances go unresolved. Now if the union were strong, then I would agree with you 100%. But companies have gained too much power and unions lost nearly all of theirs.

No.

Yeah they make so much money because the company and the union screw 80% of the union workers (part timers) while they over pay the 20% (full timers and drivers) of the union workers, who seem to do less work and complain a lot more.

My opinion stay at FedEX or go get a trade skill and get a new job. You have to sell your soul to UPS then work 10 years before you ever make a live-able salary.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If he really thought he was overpaid he could always give it back. I willing to bet he doesn't do that.

Why would I do that? :)

Wages approaching $35/hr and an industry leading pension and benefits package are more than generous for a job which only requires a valid drivers license and high school diploma.

Resident know-it-all.

Fedex Guy

Wages approaching $35/hr and an industry leading pension and benefits package are more than generous for a job which only requires a valid drivers license and high school diploma.

Resident know-it-all.

I wouldn't suggest you do that. You're the one that feels overpaid. Hugs and Kisses Upstate! You know I love ya.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)

Resident know-it-all.
I start feeder school tomorrow so I'm about to get paid Ups wages for FedEx Productivity. The American Dream realized!

Sent using BrownCafe App

chargerlou

It's not the exact same. And you're overpaid.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Your on funny guy ! Ok get package step out van or truck ring door bell knock on door release package walk back to your vehicle seems the same to me? Am I missing something???

Sent using BrownCafe App

STFXG

Your on funny guy ! Ok get package step out van or truck ring door bell knock on door release package walk back to your vehicle seems the same to me? Am I missing something???

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yeah. The amount of volume on UPS trucks compared to Express trucks. Boxes vs envelopes.

Sent using BrownCafe App