Should the Teamsters/UPS 401k plan allocate to Bitcoin ETF when approved?

Should the Teamsters/UPS 401k plan allocate to Bitcoin ETF when approved?

• Yes

• No

• I cannot read

• I love working

Results are only viewable after voting.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Bitcoin is not appropriate for a workplace 401K, just like investing in Rolexes is not.

It may be a good investment, but a retirement fund should be investing in more tangible, less volatile investment vehicles.

Just my personal opinion.
I don’t know, the Rolex I bought in 2008 for 6600 is worth 15k now. Just saying.

oldngray

nowhere special
youre-set-up.jpg

pkgdriver

You should be able to move a portion into an SMA and then buy any stocks/etfs you want. The risk is on you.
They do have some restrictions on what you can buy/hold.

You may not invest your SMA in foreign stocks, non-listed limited partnerships, commodities, futures, options, tax- free bonds and tax-free bond funds, or precious metals. Additionally, you may not engage in short selling (selling securities that are not held in your SMA) or trading on margin (borrowing money using securities in your SMA as collateral)

It has affected me a few times with a limited partnership,SPAC(s)and USO etf. The USO sends out a K1 form I believe so the fund had me sell it. Oilk doesnt and has been ok for me to buy. BITO(non spot/futures bitcoin) has been ok so far. A couple Gold and Silver Etfs have been accepted also.

The above is not an endorsement of any of these for YOUR 401k.

They do have some restrictions on what you can buy/hold.

You may not invest your SMA in foreign stocks, non-listed limited partnerships, commodities, futures, options, tax- free bonds and tax-free bond funds, or precious metals. Additionally, you may not engage in short selling (selling securities that are not held in your SMA) or trading on margin (borrowing money using securities in your SMA as collateral)

It has affected me a few times with a limited partnership,SPAC(s)and USO etf. The USO sends out a K1 form I believe so the fund had me sell it. Oilk doesnt and has been ok for me to buy. BITO(non spot/futures bitcoin) has been ok so far. A couple Gold and Silver Etfs have been accepted also.

The above is not an endorsement of any of these for YOUR 401k.
Yeah you don't want anything that gives a k1 form because it could disqualify your whole 401k

Over70irregs

Bitcoin is not appropriate for a workplace 401K, just like investing in Rolexes is not.

It may be a good investment, but a retirement fund should be investing in more tangible, less volatile investment vehicles.

Just my personal opinion.
I see your point. They will NOT have a choice though. The people will demand it.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Hard to argue with father/son moment. …… but when he gets older….
He’s 35. He just got engaged, I’m sending it out to be cleaned, polished and replace all the seals. Wedding gift. When he gets older he can do what he wants with it. I’ve given him some expensive collectible firearms too. Can’t take it with me.

Over70irregs

He’s 35. He just got engaged, I’m sending it out to be cleaned, polished and replace all the seals. Wedding gift. When he gets older he can do what he wants with it. I’ve given him some expensive collectible firearms too. Can’t take it with me.
You can take 12 seed phrases with you anywhere in the world and to the grave. Few

RTS313

I ask for your sperm
want to clone you