Shoulder Injuries

undies

Anyone else in this club? Or just have a "bum" shoulder?

Getting my second injection in about 1.5 years. Not feeling too positive for my long term well being. :crying:

oldngray

nowhere special
Many of us have had should problems. Usually rotator cuffs I would say. Sometimes you need surgery but probably half the time you don't. It sucks and it hurts but mostly it is something you need to adjust to.

G

Googler666

Strecthing for a minimum of 10 minutes before your shift is necessary. Might not seem like it at the time but youll thank youself later. The only way to avoid enjoy at UPS is to take the proper pre-cautions , comes with the job.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Strecthing for a minimum of 10 minutes before your shift is necessary. Might not seem like it at the time but youll thank youself later. The only way to avoid enjoy at UPS is to take the proper pre-cautions , comes with the job.

I've never stretched before work, except cracking the old bones when I wake up every morning, and I am yet to have injured myself in any major way.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have had surgery on both shoulders. Besides stretching every day (including weekends), I also do light strengthening exercises 3 days per week to maintain condition. I also found that by doing the exercises, I am able to more easily maintain the correct shoulder mechanics to avoid reinjury.

I absolutely do not want to go through shoulder PT again.

The Milkman

Heavy lifting cause it?
Had rotator tear and needed surgery...That was back in around 98 or so...I believe it was because of driving over 16 years the old tanks that had no power steering. Finally got a new 700 with PS in 2000........Also had surgeries on both elbows....... I believe that all the yanking and jerking to steer the tanks caused my problems..No one incident that I can remember, just that over time my shoulder pain slowly but surely got worse.......

barnyard

KTM rider
Heavy lifting cause it?

Combination of repetitive lifting and no power steering. Dr classified both as repetitive motion injuries. Part of rehab was learning to hold the steering wheel at 7 and 5 (which is right in the power zone) and then turning by pushing and pulling, but never going past 9 or 3. Took some getting used to, but now I cannot hold a steering wheel at 10 and 2.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I tore my rotator cuff pulling a 5th wheel on a trailer on a slope. Some guys could work through partial tears. Mine was a complete tear with nerve damage. Was a short-timer anyways so I opted for surgery. My shoulder STILL hurts to do certain things.

barnyard

KTM rider
I work relatively pain free. When we have big weather changes they get very sore, but keeping up on stretching and exercises usually makes things better/more tolerable.

The Brown Shadow

I have a "bum" shoulder. It is a SLAP tear. I can only do about 10-15 push ups at a time or it will hurt for about 2 weeks. I am able to do my Package Driver position ok as long as I stay in my power zone and stay aware that I could hurt my shoulder. I can't work out that shoulder to any extent because of this condition.

jbg77

260% torn labrum. 5 screws and 7 internal sutures. Still lift weights work preload and drove my. 1st peak. Took me 1 year to feel normal but still have occasional pain

The Brown Shadow

260% torn labrum. 5 screws and 7 internal sutures. Still lift weights work preload and drove my. 1st peak. Took me 1 year to feel normal but still have occasional pain

You probably mean 260 degrees ;).

I will have surgery eventually, but I am able to function normally excluding not working the shoulder out. If I injure it severely while working I will get it fixed then.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Cold stretching causes more injuries than it prevents. If anything you should stretch at the end of your day.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Anyone else in this club? Or just have a "bum" shoulder?

Getting my second injection in about 1.5 years. Not feeling too positive for my long term well being. :crying:
You do this job long enough youll have a BUM EVERYTHING lol
Had rotator tear and needed surgery...That was back in around 98 or so...I believe it was because of driving over 16 years the old tanks that had no power steering. Finally got a new 700 with PS in 2000........Also had surgeries on both elbows....... I believe that all the yanking and jerking to steer the tanks caused my problems..No one incident that I can remember, just that over time my shoulder pain slowly but surely got worse.......
Yeah all that yanking and jerking could hurt ya, lmfao
tumblr_nbygiwEnvK1qhub34o5_400.gif