40 and out

When I got back to the building tonight there was a sign up sheet stating "Due to expected heavy volume in January, sign your name and provide contact number if you are interested in coming in at 600 and working preload in addition to your driving duties" Never seen this before. Is this happening anywhere else? We are already working 10 and 11 hour days. No big drop off in volume like there used to be.

UPSGUY72

I don't know how that is going to work drivers can't work more than 12 hr. Anymore than 12 and they wouldn't be able to work the next day.

CutDriver4Life

I believe its that u can't work more than 14 hrs per day, DOT rules.
And no more than 60 hrs/week. and 10 hrs between shifts like 9five said.
hrs dont matter if they're on or off the road.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Out in the West if you "opt in" to work the preload along with your regular driving duties or anything that could be considered "voluntary" you give up your 9.5 protection on those days, because you asked for "extra" work.

We currently have a driver doing air shuttle in the AM prior to doing his extended route(and 2 hours before our reg start time) as part of his reg daily assignment. A more senior driver tried to bump him off and was told sure, but if you want the shuttle work, it will be considered "extra" and you will go over 9.5 most days.

UPSviking

Over here we get asked that every day..... Both in the mornings and evenings.... As I understand it´s because they can't get the approval for new hires, but they can give OT to drivers...