Sleeping tips for Preloaders

Indecisi0n

giphy.gif

All those years of four-hour nights in your 20's is how you end up overweight with diabetes and high blood pressure in your 30's.

Can you provide some more information on this? Being in my early 20s and now growing into a person who does try to watch his health, If you're telling me a simple change in my sleeping habits will help me health wise then you just solved a pretty big problem.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Can you provide some more information on this? Being in my early 20s and now growing into a person who does try to watch his health, If you're telling me a simple change in my sleeping habits will help me health wise then you just solved a pretty big problem.
There's lots of information on the subject available online. Lack of sleep causes tissue and vessel inflammation, which over time can lead to all kinds of health related problems (not including simply feeling like sh**). People who say they run just fine on a few hours aren't doing themselves any favors. I personally make a point to get at least seven hours nightly. Eight is even better when possible but seven minimum.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
There's lots of information on the subject available online. Lack of sleep causes tissue and vessel inflammation, which over time can lead to all kinds of health related problems (not including simply feeling like sh**). People who say they run just fine on a few hours aren't doing themselves any favors. I personally make a point to get at least seven hours nightly. Eight is even better when possible but seven minimum.
And here I was just thinking you were a pretty face.

MendozaJ

Don't nap during the day. Black out your room with curtains. I used to read in bed 9 hours before I woke up. My eyes would get heavy within the hour.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
black out windows with a blanket. use a fan for white noise. keep to a schedule.

one benedryl pill usually puts me out within 20 minutes ( and helps with my allergies ). a set routine for bedtime is important.

also have used Nyquil . sleeping pills have too many side effects.

El Correcto

god is dead
Haven't really seen a post about this, but for those of us working 4-8 am, What kind of tips do you have for getting a good night's rest?

Personally I end up with 5 hours of sleep before work and a nap afterwards. During peak when start time is around midnight, I stay up throughout all night between Saturday and Sunday. Then sleep for most of the day.

Sarcasm and sass is welcome.
Have a steady supply of alcohol, you won't be gettin any on your way home. You should drink fast enough that you are not buzzed on your third.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Drink several beers quickly (more efficient using the 16 oz. size) Lie down, exhale slowly, and completely.

You're welcome

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The sun-blocking window covers are excellent during the summer when the sun's up until 9pm. One of the most important things is limiting bright light/sunlight 2-3 hours before sleeping. A stray bit of sunlight going through the shades can keep me awake, so that's huge to me. . Exercise no more than several hours before bed also helps sleep.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The sun-blocking window covers are excellent during the summer when the sun's up until 9pm. One of the most important things is limiting bright light/sunlight 2-3 hours before sleeping. A stray bit of sunlight going through the shades can keep me awake, so that's huge to me. . Exercise no more than several hours before bed also helps sleep.
sex is exercise and it always helped me fall asleep. but i agree, other exercise before bed is counterproductive.