Snow Storm Wed

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
They gave us a paper to sign on thurday during are PCM I only printed my name on it and handed it in. On Friday my Sup came around with th paper saying you forgot something I said No i didn't.

I was 40 over dispatch on thurday alone with being held in the building for 45 min waiting well finishing the preloaders job they got 40 plus back thursday. Than on friday I was 75 over dispatch they got 60 plus back. They did tell us to just follow trace and deliver Air when you got there and sheet it weather. I deliver my last piece of Air after 6 both days

I'm getting a little skeptical on the printing your name. As far as I'm concerned, signing my name and printing it in my own handwriting is basically the same. I think it can be used against me regardless. On all the PCM papers I've had to sign in the past few months, IT SAYS SPECIFICALLY TO SIGN YOUR NAME. There is something up with that.

Re-Raise

Management likes to think having us memorize slogans and sign useless printouts with 8 keys to this or 5 steps to that and a partridge in a pear tree somehow means they have impacted worker safety.

I have said this before and I stand behind it.. I work safely IN SPITE of what management does not because of it.

They cut routes in the midwest Wednesday also after we struggled through 8 inches of snow on Tuesday. I asked at the pcm if they could miss the Stops Per Car number for a couple of days so we could have the time to safely clean up our EC s from the day before.

The driver sup said the DM said we get bad weather every year and we are professional drivers.

They are all just clowns in an office who couldn't lift my two wheel cart .. among other things.

UPSGUY72

I'm getting a little skeptical on the printing your name. As far as I'm concerned, signing my name and printing it in my own handwriting is basically the same. I think it can be used against me regardless. On all the PCM papers I've had to sign in the past few months, IT SAYS SPECIFICALLY TO SIGN YOUR NAME. There is something up with that.

Well Friday morning he was looking for a Signature. Said something about a tier three accident and somewhere. Then on friday he is out sneaking around doing on road observation and I happen to be one of them. The only thing he could gig me on was not folding my mirror in.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You did 87 more stops than usual, or did you bring some back?

Yikes!
I was planning on bringing some back, but I cleaned my route up Thursday and Friday. There were three PAL labels on some packages, I got everything off. 128 stops and 100 miles works up to eight hours on my route, I ran 173 stops Thursday and 197 yesterday. I'm whooped, walking on ice put a beating on my knees and feet.
87 stop split at the last minute? Who's brilliant idea was that?
We have been running extra routes all week and everybody has been working that could get there. The split route that was put in to help me got busted out because of a certain slacker driver who called in all week, my new center manager mentioned who so I would know who to be ticked off at. This same driver flipped out on 9/11 and drove back to the building that morning because he thought the end of the world was happening. The roads were fine Thursday and Friday, I had no problems in my subdivisions besides a few ice patches. They covered my last pickup after ignoring my requests for help all day. I made up some OT I was missing from Mon-Wed. I was told last night I will probably get a Helper Monday from the Preload. I went through three of them during Peak and all of them quit. I wish I could call back my off the street Helper.

Last edited:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Originally Posted by over9five
The new tractors are very comfy! Any seat in a feeder wasn't so comfy Tuesday night in that Blizzard.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Any driver in the North East who made it back in that Blizzard on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning with out a scatch to vehicle or injury,should be exempt from a OJS ride for 2 years !!!!!!

BrownArmy

Management likes to think having us memorize slogans and sign useless printouts with 8 keys to this or 5 steps to that and a partridge in a pear tree somehow means they have impacted worker safety.

I have said this before and I stand behind it.. I work safely IN SPITE of what management does not because of it.

X 10!

In the last three weeks I think I've signed about 5 of these 'inclement weather safe driving pledge papers' or whatever they're called. I've signed at least three that were EXACTLY the same, the others were slight variations.

What's the point of signing the same thing FIVE times? Does it make it more super special if I sign it a bunch of times?

I'm not sure if it matters if you sign things or not...what's the difference?

If you get into an accident or have an injury, does it make a real difference if you've signed something that says you know the 5 points to avoiding meteorite strikes? Really?

For a company that's 'going green'. we sure waste a lot of paper...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We have been running extra routes all week and everybody has been working that could get there. The split route that was put in to help me got busted out because of a certain slacker driver who called in all week, my new center manager mentioned who so I would know who to be ticked off at. This same driver flipped out on 9/11 and drove back to the building that morning because he thought the end of the world was happening.

We use to "try" and keep these types working in the hub and not on the road. I guess a few slipped through or we ran out of friend/T positions in the hub.