So How Likely Are You To Be Killed By A Terrorist?

wkmac

The following ratios were compiled using data from 2004 National Safety Council Estimates, a report based on data from The National Center for Health Statistics and the U.S. Census Bureau. In addition, 2003 mortality data from the Center for Disease Control was used.
-- You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack
-- You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack
-- You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane
-- You are 1048 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack
--You are 404 times more likely to die in a fall than from a terrorist attack
-- You are 87 times more likely to drown than die in a terrorist attack
-- You are 13 times more likely to die in a railway accident than from a terrorist attack
--You are 12 times more likely to die from accidental suffocation in bed than from a terrorist attack
--You are 9 times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack
--You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist
--You are 8 times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack
-- You are 6 times more likely to die from hot weather than from a terrorist attack

source

wkmac

question is by who's definition is "a terrorist " defined ?

An illegal im migrant gang member is a terrorist to me.

Maybe it depends on the definition of is for you to understand!

Seems others are about to go into one of those useful discussions/debates like "what do muslims wear."

Or is it the fact they don't like to be provoked to think things out rather than just accepting what's given them by the state? Maybe you need a 2 minute hate to feel better. Here you go!

[video=youtube;w9SlCtIz0j4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9SlCtIz0j4[/video]

Feel better now?

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, it's obvious, but you don't get it......a regular gang member who is a citizen is a threat too........ Just because I was being specific does not leave out everything else......do I need to mention a rogue elephat too....or a charging puma.. or a great white.....or a used car salesman. See, you're the one who causes me to lengthen and explain responses. At that rate, you'll never catch up!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

OK, it's obvious, but you don't get it......a regular gang member who is a citizen is a threat too........ Just because I was being specific does not leave out everything else......do I need to mention a rogue elephat too....or a charging puma.. or a great white.....or a used car salesman. See, you're the one who causes me to lengthen and explain responses. At that rate, you'll never catch up!

You just don't get it. For the most part, I don't post in Current Events so as I end up having to Google half if not most of the names and topics posted here as I don't know who or what they are. I stay out of here to avoid embarassment.

Perhaps you should do the same.

moreluck

golden ticket member
And yet, you are here.

I have opinions. If I don't know what the heck someone is talking about, I don't respond. But as far as politics go, I vote, I have opinions and I express them. Stay in "UPS Discussions"......you probably won't find me responding to overtime, 22.3(?) jobs, union elections, SPORH, and all that company stuff. I am a stockholder and sometimes that stuff interests me......but when someone takes a lunch or calls in sick...I dont partake in that discussion.

I happen to be familiar with a lot of today's names talked about here......I find I only Yahoo stuff from wkmac mostly because he gets into history.

Oh, and BTW, Cheryl is the only one on here who can tell me where to go!!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
You just don't get it. For the most part, I don't post in Current Events so as I end up having to Google half if not most of the names and topics posted here as I don't know who or what they are. I stay out of here to avoid embarassment.

Perhaps you should do the same.

What is it with you and Moreluck? Did you have a relationship together and then it went sour? Life it to short to hate...shake hands and make up. :)

UPS Lifer

wkmac,

I see where you are going with this... and it makes plenty of sense to me but terrorists do what they do best - terrorize people. They play on the psychology of human nature. We can't give them the power. The more we do, the stronger they get. Two weeks after 911, I had plans to go to Maui. My wife did not want to go, I told her that is exactly what they want us to do. We are going. When we got there the island was a ghost town. Most resorts were around 20% of capacity. People were being laid off by the hundreds. It was very erie and I was extremely worried that the terrorists had won. But as you know, we are a resilient society and out of the ashes the Phoenix continues to rise.