So Now Wearing A White T-Shirt Is Racist!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm sorry, that doesn't sound like he's admitting he uses white power to me. Not to mention the absurdity that someone who would be a white supremacist ever saying black power.

Youre dealing with TEENAGERS, not fully grown, not fully thought out grown ups. Kids do and say stupid things, and I believe these kids did nothing more than say stupid things that they had to be accountable for.

Peace.

Youre dealing with TEENAGERS, not fully grown, not fully thought out grown ups. Kids do and say stupid things, and I believe these kids did nothing more than say stupid things that they had to be accountable for.

Peace.

Grown ups who say fully thought out things like "Palin for President" ? Or any other random thoughts? :)

tourists24

What I find absurd is the MIS- take on what actually happened. In the video, the reporter clearly says that the two "white" students who were suspended, were suspended not because of the tshirts, but because they were "alledgedly" involved in a white supremist movement and the T shirts were a statement of that movement. The one "white" kid admittedly says he uses the term "white power" probably as much as he does "black power". Those are his words. Spoken out of his mouth.

This in itself is enough to make claim that he has some kind of racial intent in his messaging. His group of friends decidedly wore white tshirts to show "uniformity" with each other as did the others who wore pink, or jerseys.

The color became an issue when its "tied-in" with comments about white power and white supremacy and therefore, the school acted appropriately in suspending them.

There would have been NO PROBLEM had this "white" student not run around claiming white power or that he and his friends wanted to make a political statement.

The origination of the problem does not lie with the tshirts as a whole, but the peripheral issue of these boys on campus making racist statements. (alledgedly)

Whether or not the one student was asian, does not disqualify the claims as "assimilation" is always the case with students. A kid could be asian and hang out with white power freaks as the asian would not be grouped in with hispanics or blacks.

A sort of "color" neutral sotospeak.

Happens all the time, in every school with an ethnic minority/white mix of students.

All these boys had to do was keep their collective mouths shut and there would have been no need to suspend them.

Peace.
Well.... what a way to spin it.....

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well.... what a way to spin it.....

No spin involved. Just listen to the facts. The case of these boys involvement with off campus white supremist behavior is still under investigation. The t shirts were merely the "spin" to get your attention.

I see it worked. NObody likes facts it seems.

Peace.

tourists24

No spin involved. Just listen to the facts. The case of these boys involvement with off campus white supremist behavior is still under investigation. The t shirts were merely the "spin" to get your attention.

I see it worked. NObody likes facts it seems.

Peace.
What facts?.... the only facts are the ones you are trying to infer/ total spin indeed... there is a claim of not being racist by the person himself..... If there is a suspension based on the facts, then I guess Im too dumb to see them to justify a suspension. Everything you are trying to create is what "may" be the case. What had they chosen red tshirts? communist pride?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What facts?.... the only facts are the ones you are trying to infer/ total spin indeed... there is a claim of not being racist by the person himself..... If there is a suspension based on the facts, then I guess Im too dumb to see them to justify a suspension. Everything you are trying to create is what "may" be the case. What had they chosen red tshirts? communist pride?

I am not creating anything, I heard the story, listened to the interview ,heard the teenage, then listened to the principle say "it is still under investigation"....The reporter clearly says the boys were suspended due to "involvement" with racist activities reported by other students.

What is there to make up?

You all want to believe that they were suspended for wearing a white t shirt, as if that makes sense??

In the boys OWN words, he admits to using the term "WHITE POWER" and then makes a COMPARISION to his using the term "BLACK POWER" as if thats an equalizer. Those arent my words, they came out of HIS MOUTH.

Do I believe this kid is a racist?? NO, do i believe he is a dumb bell, absolutely. He seems to have the same intelligence level as someone spending all their life trying to find info on phoney birth ceritificates.

His words, plus the fact that "students" reported his off campus behavior, plus the principle saying the case is still under investigation equals (=) what I said.

If you can show me where the boys were SOLELY suspended for wearing white t shirts then I'd like to see that.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"" What had they chosen red tshirts? communist pride?""

I especially like when you clowns make my points for me. This is what I was talking about.

The kids involved chose a COLOR, then attached a MEANING to it. JUST LIKE YOU DID IN THIS EXAMPLE.

If my daughter, and her friends, went around school talking about communism, talking about hating our goverment (or democracy) and talked to other students prior to a ceremony that she and her friends were going to wear red t shirts to the ceremony in order to show uniformity in beliefs and to make a statement, then it would BE WRONG.

I would expect the school to do someting about it.

With race vs. politics however, race is given the highest priority and can be judged more harshly as physical harm could transpire with objections.

With politics, kids dont have the invested thought to make a fight occur, unless your a right wing nuts kid.

Your example of red shirt = communist pride is what makes it wrong.

Thanks for your support.

Peace.

tourists24

I am not creating anything, I heard the story, listened to the interview ,heard the teenage, then listened to the principle say "it is still under investigation"....The reporter clearly says the boys were suspended due to "involvement" with racist activities reported by other students.

What is there to make up?

You all want to believe that they were suspended for wearing a white t shirt, as if that makes sense??

In the boys OWN words, he admits to using the term "WHITE POWER" and then makes a COMPARISION to his using the term "BLACK POWER" as if thats an equalizer. Those arent my words, they came out of HIS MOUTH.

Do I believe this kid is a racist?? NO, do i believe he is a dumb bell, absolutely. He seems to have the same intelligence level as someone spending all their life trying to find info on phoney birth ceritificates.

His words, plus the fact that "students" reported his off campus behavior, plus the principle saying the case is still under investigation equals (=) what I said.

If you can show me where the boys were SOLELY suspended for wearing white t shirts then I'd like to see that.

Peace.
They were suspended for "suspected" racist activity. That was the entire reason for the OP. I agree the shirt color is just symblolic. Again part of the point of the OP. They were suspended over "what ifs", not proof of anything. Thats the whole point of how ridiculous things have become..... No proof of anything worth being disciplined for; just the mere appearance of political incorrectness

wkmac

miamiheat.jpg

miami.fans.jpg

IMG_3824.JPG

img-thing
:winks:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
They were suspended for "suspected" racist activity. That was the entire reason for the OP. I agree the shirt color is just symblolic. Again part of the point of the OP. They were suspended over "what ifs", not proof of anything. Thats the whole point of how ridiculous things have become..... No proof of anything worth being disciplined for; just the mere appearance of political incorrectness

Geez, does anyone understand the english language anymore?? A suspension pending an investigation isnt a CONVICTION. Its a time out. The act of suspension is to stop an action while the facts are sorted out.

What ifs and what nots may sound trivial, but they are crucial in teens minds. Teens say and do wierd things but unfortunately, its takes a grown up to sort out the details.

Any type of racist activity in todays world needs immediate attention. This is what happened.

Peace.