Software Update to the HD scanners...

HomeDelivery

OK, both my partner & i forgot our portable GPS units... we interfaced w/ the GPS software 2x today & eventhough it was a bit slow to boot up to that system, it did worked out well.

i highlighted the 1st stop & we both followed the "talk to speech" commands & were very impressed. it would tell us precisely where to turn at an intersection by ringing a bell/horn...

i noticed now that there is a "PD" button to quickly go back to the "pickup/delivery" screen, ready to scan the parcel's barcode.

then, later in the day, we had a message to go reattempt a delivery since the customer called the 800 # and is now home waiting to sign for the parcel... back to the NAVTEQ screen & used "take me" to get back to that one stop.

:surprised: that it worked pretty well, eventhough it's still in the development phase...

​anyone else here at HD tried this function yet?

MAKAVELI

OK, both my partner & i forgot our portable GPS units... we interfaced w/ the GPS software 2x today & eventhough it was a bit slow to boot up to that system, it did worked out well.

i highlighted the 1st stop & we both followed the "talk to speech" commands & were very impressed. it would tell us precisely where to turn at an intersection by ringing a bell/horn...

i noticed now that there is a "PD" button to quickly go back to the "pickup/delivery" screen, ready to scan the parcel's barcode.

then, later in the day, we had a message to go reattempt a delivery since the customer called the 800 # and is now home waiting to sign for the parcel... back to the NAVTEQ screen & used "take me" to get back to that one stop.

:surprised: that it worked pretty well, eventhough it's still in the development phase...

​anyone else here at HD tried this function yet?

What happens if you don't reattempt?

STFXG

Thought you'd find this interesting. Just saw this announcement...

All HD and HD colocations will have GPS ability by 11/18. Eligible Garmin devices will be able to be plugged in to the HD VRP system for sequenced manifest downloads. It will provide turn by turn directions from stop to stop.

HomeDelivery

Thought you'd find this interesting. Just saw this announcement...

All HD and HD colocations will have GPS ability by 11/18. Eligible Garmin devices will be able to be plugged in to the HD VRP system for sequenced manifest downloads. It will provide turn by turn directions from stop to stop.

wow, my guesses were correct! thanks STFXG... but i never knew they would act that quickly...

someone read the instructions on how to access the GPS portion of the scanner here, but didn't know how to go back to the PD screen... ended up wiping the memory of the deliveries for that day LOL

HomeDelivery

well, this function is only if you log in as a Temp... i'm back w/ a contractor & they don't have this function enabled for regular sub-contracted drivers.

for now, the temps in my hub are testing these dog-b0ne looking things that either mounts on the windshield at one end & a dock for your scanner on the other... has a 12V plug to keep your scanner charged as well

​i'll take a pic of it Tues...

HomeDelivery

wow, that mount is HUGE!

i don't think it would work at those states that prohibits stuff being mounted to windshields, like in CA...
Scanner cradle.JPG

SmithBarney

for now, the temps in my hub are testing these dog-b0ne looking things that either mounts on the windshield at one end & a dock for your scanner on the other... has a 12V plug to keep your scanner charged as well....

I was going to ask, since at Express, our batteries are almost dead by 5pm, no chargers...

I just wish we could order the holsters(CLIP) that Motorola makes specifically for the PPAD

HomeDelivery

as for carrying a spare battery, that's a given...

i have a 12V plug-in stand-alone battery charger though

as for a holster/CLIP, are you talking about this?

http://www.barcodesinc.com/motorola/part-sg-mc9521110-01r.htm

wow, $57 for that hideous thing! i rather have the ole velcro around the belt instead of that digging into my side all day long

and wow, $77 for just the battery...

http://www.barcodesinc.com/motorola/part-btry-mc95iaba0.htm

i don't even want to think how much that dumb clunky mount costs... way to go on overspending on that equipment!:tantrumsmiley:

SmithBarney

Nah there is a slimline clip/holster look at the sides of your PPAD, you'll see grooves where a clip would fit. there were two versions. the look much better than the holster that constantly unbuttons.

SmithBarney

yeah I have the Motorola spec sheet at work, it lists another style, that plastic clip that clips the belt/pocket would never hold up to our abuse. Although the one right below it sans the clip looks good, I like the low profile.