Something I Don't Understand

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The fact that Fred founded FedEx

that may be true, but smith would be nowhere without labor, that is you. smith never delivered one pkg for this company, you did. in fact, you did it all. smith has made his millions back and billions more. now is the the time for you (who does all the work) to make something for yourself. that being said, this is not smith's company anymore to be run as he sees fit. this company belongs to the men and women who move it everyday. rememer that!

as far as ground is concerened, how is ground different from the cotton picken days in the south? the salves did all the work in the field and what did they get out of it? no pension, no benifits, no retirment, no better life for their children.

wake up and step into the 21th centuary.

Comparing FedEx Ground drivers to slaves? Do you really want to go there?

You do have to admit this guy is amusing Upstate!
I imagine him spitting on his keyboard as he is typing ... does Barney Frank post on BC?

I would like to see him and rocketman get into a long extended exchange.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Comparing FedEx Ground drivers to slaves? Do you really want to go there?

Only the first line of the quote came from me (the cut-off sentence).The rest of it is from exfedexer. In other words, other than the first line, the quote isn't attributable to me. That said, however, Fred considers us as his wage slaves. If he could actually enslave us, he probably would. Then he wouldn't have to pay us at all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Only the first line of the quote came from me (the cut-off sentence).The rest of it is from exfedexer. In other words, other than the first line, the quote isn't attributable to me. That said, however, Fred considers us as his wage slaves. If he could actually enslave us, he probably would. Then he wouldn't have to pay us at all.

You may not believe this but one of your co-workers where I live earned more last year than I did. Of course, he worked 60 hours a week as opposed to my 42, but still...

bbsam

Staff member
I came nowhere close to working 60 hours a week. Thank-you for noticing that I "earned" the money though. Sometimes when I'm cruising the golf course I begin to wonder.:happy2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You may not believe this but one of your co-workers where I live earned more last year than I did. Of course, he worked 60 hours a week as opposed to my 42, but still...

I believe it. When OT was easily available and I could work 60 per week I had a couple of $70,000 years. In most locations, OT is very hard to find right now. Here's where the non-union part really works in Smith's favor. Let's say I'm a 5-year Express employee making around 17-18 dollars per hour. Even if I do hit 60, FedEx isn't paying me very much relative to a UPS driver. When I'm on OT, I'm getting what the UPS person makes on straight time.

In your case, if you calculate-in your benefit pkg, I'll bet your total compensation still exceeded that of the FedEx courier.

quadro

You must be one of "Fred's boys" that constantly acts like they don't understand the questions and then cloud the issues. Typical management strategy. Lots of double talk and talking in circles. And it ain't working.

Trying to tell you anything is like arguing with a drunk and not worth my time anymore.
Avoiding the issues is the easy way out. Good luck to you and whatever uninformed decision you make.

quadro

typical republican answer. are you paying this guys rent? if not shut up! you really bring truth to the old adage, when the going gets tuff, quite.
My sincerest apologies. I didn't know that you were a BC moderator and could say who can and who cannot post an opinion.

bbsam

Staff member
The fact that Fred founded FedEx

that may be true, but smith would be nowhere without labor, that is you. smith never delivered one pkg for this company, you did. in fact, you did it all. smith has made his millions back and billions more. now is the the time for you (who does all the work) to make something for yourself. that being said, this is not smith's company anymore to be run as he sees fit. this company belongs to the men and women who move it everyday. rememer that!

as far as ground is concerened, how is ground different from the cotton picken days in the south? the salves did all the work in the field and what did they get out of it? no pension, no benifits, no retirment, no better life for their children.

wake up and step into the 21th centuary.
Spoken with the subtlety, grace, and flare of a two-bit-hockey-mom-turned-politician. Viva la Revolucion!

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
If Fred S is such an upstanding human being and his compensation and treatment are of the highest standard, then what does FedEx have to loose giving their empolyees the option to unionize? The fact that this company has and is spending millions upon millions of dollars fighting this issue says everything. Is the idea of many barganing for better a deal through the power of numbers un-ethical. I would like to point out that companies do this each and everyday through the power of associations, using the power of numbers to better negotiate deals from everything from trucks for farmers, mechanics prices for Bbsam Ground vehicles and even shipping rates through both FedEx and UPS. You see this idea of collective barganing is used everyday by the same companies who apparently are against collective barganing.

SmithBarney

Who ever said Fedex was against collective bargaining?

20+ million Washingtons, say FedEx is against something? BBSAM, care to tell us what is worth many millions of FedEx money.

So what else is riding on the RLA bill that would undoubtedly put FedEx in a position to want to spend?
The only thing riding on the bill of significant merit is the means and ability to vote as a collective bargaining unit.

BBSAM really don't worry you got your ground business.. you should be all for the RLA bill passing
then apparently FedEx will move Slower 2-3day service to Ground.

quadro

You of all people would know that, wouldn't you?
Exactly. At least I discuss the issues whether I agree with them or not. I don't dismiss others just because they don't agree with me as long as they are trying to present valid points.

bbsam

Staff member
Over 21 million U.S. dollars spent on lobbyists.

Now what do you think that was for?
So if UPS lobbies on the other side, does that then mean that they are FOR collective bargaining? I understand that they are in a collective bargaining atmosphere, but do you think that they really like it that way? Or is it that the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" logic is at play?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So if UPS lobbies on the other side, does that then mean that they are FOR collective bargaining? I understand that they are in a collective bargaining atmosphere, but do you think that they really like it that way? Or is it that the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" logic is at play?

If memory serves it was Mr. Casey who invited the Teamsters to represent the hourly employees.