SPA Labels AND Address Labels Hidden

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Overpaid Union Thug, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

In our center the preload writes the sequence numbers on each box and seemingly hides just about every SPA and adrress label by facing them where they aren't visible to the drivers. We have been told that this is the methods. So, hiding labels is part of the methods??? LOL! And most of our preloaders either can't or dont have the time to write legible numbers so everytime we enter our trucks we are flipping boxes looking for any label we can find. And due to ORION the trucks are blown out so that's allot of flipping boxes. What a waste of time.

Is this the normal procedure nationwide or what? It just seems like the empty suits that are "running" this company are trying their best to make things as difficult as possible for us. And all while trying to roll out ORION. Sometimes I feel like my whole day is just sabotaged before I even show up for work.

But when I seek to find the good in the bad at least I can say that with each step the empty suits are adding to my day to make it more difficult the more over 9.5 penalty I am recieving. ;)

2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I spend more time sorting and organizing my truck than I did before edd.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. zero

zero New Member

We pull sticker and put on end of package. When we got a new center manager he tried to make us write on end of packages. Alot of us refused to do it and drivers complained. When they they think the district manager is coming they pass out markers. LOL

4. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

No, that's craptacular loading. Standard procedure, as far as I know is..regardless of whether the spa label is peeled and restuck, or the HIN# is written....the packages should STILL be loaded so the shipping labels face up, out or towards the bulkhead door.

5. Brownslave688

Unless it's a large 120 lbs package. Those always go label down.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

And open on both ends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Brownslave688

Oh yeah if they are open always put that side down also so when the driver picks it up the contents fall out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Number24

Number24 #24

Work the sort aisle and you'll then understand why the labels are hidden.

9. Brownslave688

Uh wut?

I worked the sort. What does that have to do with a loader doing their job?

10. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I like the pas label over the barcode. Good move Slappy!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Brownslave688

Thank god for find barcode or I might as well go back to paper.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. thessalonian13

thessalonian13 Active Member

Almost every C.O.D. package has a label right on the amount. It's a challenge to peel it off without peeling the amount off making it unreadable.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Number24

Number24 #24

I thought he was referring to the sorters scanning the labels not next to the white tracking label. But, on the loaders point of view, it's most likely a lack of caring or something.

14. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

Same bull-donkey goes on here. 45 lb boxes with a scribble on the side with 10 envelopes/bags of qvc on top so when I pull it off the shelf it all hits me in the face. Pre-load is the biggest thing suits should be trying to fix. I mean they say a good loader in my building is one who shows up every day. Whatever. More time sorting equal more $. Eff em.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  15. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

IS it also a rule that all long boxes (think golf clubs) have to go behind all the other boxes on the shelf. It never fails those long boxes get delivered before any of that other crap that is loaded in front.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

Writing the sequence number on the box is how it was done pre-PAS. All preloader should do it. It's faster than pulling the SPA label.

17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Both are a waste of time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

Spoken by a person that never loaded a package car.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

"You don't have to know how to load 'em to deliver 'em."

20. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

That has never been the argument; but keep banging that cymbal.