Staggered breaks anyone?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Their doing it to everyone.

And mento is right, if you worked preload or any other job in the building you would understand. I'm sure most drivers would take a their break/ lunch some where in the mid point of the day, instead of taking them supper early.

Where is it that its contractual? Would love to bring it up tomarrow.

We are required to take our break between the 1st and 3rd hour and our meal break between the 3rd and 5th hour.

This is not true--he should be getting at least a 10 minute break during his shift.

Thanks, UpstateNYUPSer- the more I find out, the more it sounds like a Wild West of "just make up your own rules" hub on some issues. I must say, however, it also shows how each UPSer should educate themselves on the contract so that they don't get taken advantage of, either. Not just the contract, mind you, but I guess federal law to boot. My husband's hub is a good one, though, for the most part compared to some of the horror stories I've seen on here and I'm just grateful to God that he has a job with so many wonderful medical (etc.) benefits. Just an issue once in a while that gets me a little riled up!

brown_trousers

Your coworkers are forced to do your work. If you are ok with that, that's on you.

Not every operation at UPS is the exact same. I used to work at an airport hub where staggered breaks were sometimes used and it didn't result in anyone covering anyone else's work. There were just natural breaks in the volume that made it more convienent for one belt to go on break at different times than others went on break... No harm done

menotyou

bella amicizia
Not every operation at UPS is the exact same. I used to work at an airport hub where staggered breaks were sometimes used and it didn't result in anyone covering anyone else's work. There were just natural breaks in the volume that made it more convienent for one belt to go on break at different times than others went on break... No harm done
They tried it on our Preload. Straight line belt. People already loading 5 trucks. Couldn't work, so sup starting 'helping out'. The greivances had already been written.