Standoff!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This guy weighs in at around 140 lbs. He is only about a year old. His dad is about 175 or so...sometimes they will both jump up in the truck at the same time and they are so damn big I'm afraid they are going to tip it over! These guys slobber, by the time I'm done petting them I need to go find a garden hose to de-slime my hands.
mastiff 1.jpg

This guy weighs in at around 140 lbs. He is only about a year old. His dad is about 175 or so...sometimes they will both jump up in the truck at the same time and they are so damn big I'm afraid they are going to tip it over! These guys slobber, by the time I'm done petting them I need to go find a garden hose to de-slime my hands.

English mastiff.... Great dogs had one once 220 lb big slobbery lap dog!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
They are great dogs. I had a friend that had 2. Male Cayuse 210 lbs, female Elke 180 lbs. Elke was a lover of people. Cayuse not so much. A long story shortened alot - Cayuse bit a cop one night. My friend had her yard posted every 6 ft with beware of dogs signs, but because Elke was such a people person the cop reached over a 4 ft block wall and was petting her. Cayuse didn't like it and let the cop know it. It was absolutely the cops fault but they took Cayuse to the pound anyway. My friend didn't happen to be at home at the time. When she did get home holy hell hit the fan. Not only did the Chief of Police apologize so did the cop that got bit. :happy2:

rod

Retired 22 years
They are great dogs. I had a friend that had 2. Male Cayuse 210 lbs, female Elke 180 lbs. Elke was a lover of people. Cayuse not so much. A long story shortened alot - Cayuse bit a cop one night. My friend had her yard posted every 6 ft with beware of dogs signs, but because Elke was such a people person the cop reached over a 4 ft block wall and was petting her. Cayuse didn't like it and let the cop know it. It was absolutely the cops fault but they took Cayuse to the pound anyway. My friend didn't happen to be at home at the time. When she did get home holy hell hit the fan. Not only did the Chief of Police apologize so did the cop that got bit. :happy2:

The cop had no right trying to pet that dog but a 4 ft wall for a dog that the people know is mean? Hell- a chihuahua could jump over a 4 ft. wall. Not what you would call a responsible pet owner.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The cop had no right trying to pet that dog but a 4 ft wall for a dog that the people know is mean? Hell- a chihuahua could jump over a 4 ft. wall. Not what you would call a responsible pet owner.
Under other circumstances I would agree with you but English Mastiffs just don't have the propensity to jump fences. It takes to much energy. Even very young dogs won't waste the energy. Hell, my Boxers won't jump over their 4 ft fence. In all the time I spent around those dogs I never so much as saw them even attempt to put their feet on the fence. And just so we are clear he was not mean. He never charged anyone that I ever saw. But he would protect his property and that included Elke. She was his.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Under other circumstances I would agree with you but English Mastiffs just don't have the propensity to jump fences. It takes to much energy. Even very young dogs won't waste the energy. Hell, my Boxers won't jump over their 4 ft fence. In all the time I spent around those dogs I never so much as saw them even attempt to put their feet on the fence. And just so we are clear he was not mean. He never charged anyone that I ever saw. But he would protect his property and that included Elke. She was his.

Rotts are also not big on fence jumping. Seen a lot of them bark in fenced yards and wish they could jump the fence. Not one has even come close in my 20 years.