Starting a Vacation...

helenofcalifornia

It seems like with 14 weeks of vaca that taxes would take an large amount of money out of those paychecks. Though, if you do take a four week vaca at one time, those middle two weeks (for me at least) are completely UPS-thought free! The first week I am thinking about last week worked, and the last week I am counting the days down until I have to go back to work.

I prefer to break my vacations into one week at a time so they keep on coming.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
The bad thing about taking a long vacay is that your body will pay the piper when you get back. I took a 4 weeker once and after the first day back my legs,back,feet,calves,etc...hurt like hell.

Now I try to break it up into 2 week vacay's and try to warm up the gym to get muscles used to the trauma of going back to work.

A

anonymous6

So, I am sitting on my deck enjoying a cup of coffee looking forward to the next 4 weeks off. Sun is shining, kids aren't arguing, wife is shopping, dog next door isn't barking. Things are good right now.

What is the first thing you do when starting your vacation??

Cheers.

sleep.

A

anonymous6

So, I am sitting in my kitchen trying to enjoy a cup of coffee looking back at the last 4 weeks off. It is raining, kids are arguing, wife is nagging, dog next door won't shut up. Things are not good right now. I'm climbing the walls! Can't wait to get back to work.

Enjoy your vacation!:happy-very:

god, that's funny!!!!!

thanks

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Just finishing up 2 weeks here and back to work tomorrow, the 13th. The best thing about working at UPS is the fact that they have someone to cover for me. I don't need to get back and find my work backed up, which would cause loads of stress. When I leave work, work stays there. I never bring it home and visa versa. Every moment away from UPS is a vacation to me.:happy2:

As far as being prepared physically for work, I never stop going to the gym and being active. Almost forgot to say that one of the best things for me is being able to grow a beard or just not shave, ahhhh. This is what I look like today.
attachment.php

100_1813.jpg

Last edited:
It seems like with 14 weeks of vaca that taxes would take an large amount of money out of those paychecks. Though, if you do take a four week vaca at one time, those middle two weeks (for me at least) are completely UPS-thought free! The first week I am thinking about last week worked, and the last week I am counting the days down until I have to go back to work.

I prefer to break my vacations into one week at a time so they keep on coming.
Taxes on one 50hr check is the same as one 50hr check x 7. That`s the last thing that would slow me down going out the ctr door.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

STUG--I totally forgot about the vacation beard. I was off for 2 weeks and had a pretty good goatee going on but, as my son all too happily pointed out, there was a lot of grey going on in that goatee.

One week barely gives you time to relax and forget about work. Two weeks works well for me, but only if I plan ahead and have my "to do" list updated. Three weeks or more would be too much for me. Fourteen weeks--no way!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
STUG--I totally forgot about the vacation beard. I was off for 2 weeks and had a pretty good goatee going on but, as my son all too happily pointed out, there was a lot of grey going on in that goatee.

One week barely gives you time to relax and forget about work. Two weeks works well for me, but only if I plan ahead and have my "to do" list updated. Three weeks or more would be too much for me. Fourteen weeks--no way!!
The gray thing ain't all bad. :wink2: mmmm mmmm good

helenofcalifornia

I don't know about that beard Steve. Maybe two weeks growth isn't your best look. I like the looks of "Work Steve" better than "Vacation Steve." Is this what we can look forward to on the cruise? And when are those braces coming off? (God, I hope those are braces!) Jk Steve, luv ya!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
1st week, catch up on housework, yardwork, and sleep. 2nd week, enjoy my hard work and a few day road trip! Next Sunday night, cry like a baby:surprised:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I don't know about that beard Steve. Maybe two weeks growth isn't your best look. I like the looks of "Work Steve" better than "Vacation Steve." Is this what we can look forward to on the cruise? And when are those braces coming off? (God, I hope those are braces!) Jk Steve, luv ya!!!
You guys are cruel. Here ya go, I just shaved and cut my hair. I have another 1 1/2 years on the braces.
100_1819.jpg

NHDRVR

I have a 3 weeker coming up at the end of August. I have never taken three weeks before, so this should be an adventure.

You are going to be glad you did it at the end of the 2nd week. I have 2 more to go as I write this and I am just as mellow as could be. My knees aren't bothering me right now which is also nice.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have a 3 weeker coming up at the end of August. I have never taken three weeks before, so this should be an adventure.
I'd be afraid to take a 3 weeker ... I might not come back! :anxious:

You are going to be glad you did it at the end of the 2nd week. I have 2 more to go as I write this and I am just as mellow as could be. My knees aren't bothering me right now which is also nice.

My knees were hurting a lot (arthritis) and doctor was talking about going to an arthritis medicine. I saw a guy on a tennis court wearing neoprene knee sleeves.
We got to talking and he said he wore them to kep his knee joints warm so they would not hurt.
I decided to try them and sure enough, my knees don't hurt much anymore.
I buy 1 size too large because you don't want to restrict blood flow. Take them off at night.
Not going to help structural issues but might help early arthritis.

NHDRVR

I'd be afraid to take a 3 weeker ... I might not come back! :anxious:

My knees were hurting a lot (arthritis) and doctor was talking about going to an arthritis medicine. I saw a guy on a tennis court wearing neoprene knee sleeves.
We got to talking and he said he wore them to kep his knee joints warm so they would not hurt.
I decided to try them and sure enough, my knees don't hurt much anymore.
I buy 1 size too large because you don't want to restrict blood flow. Take them off at night.
Not going to help structural issues but might help early arthritis.

Thanks,

I will try that. You can handle a sore shoulder or wrist when it happens but a knee or ankle can make for a miserable day. I find that a week of rain in any temperature bugs the hell out of my knees. That neoprene might do wonders in those conditions.