Strange Delivery - Half vent, half looking for insight

PPH_over_9000

So this is earlier this evening, between 7pm-8pm. I'm down to my last 25 stops, everybody's getting one package each except for a couple doubles and a 4-piece bulk/irreg resi' stop that I've been riding around with all gosh darn day. I'm ecstatic to finally get these 4 giant ass boxes off my truck, and when I notice that it's my next stop my heart almost skips a beat.

Half a mile later, I pull up to the house. Guy walks out, maybe 35-45 (I'm bad with ages.) I lock eyes with him before I go into the back of the truck to pull the handcart out. I come around the bulkhead door with the handcart and here's the guy, looking happy as can be and saying "Man! My wife's been waiting for you all day!" Kind of caught me off guard but not really, because I hear that type of thing all the time. "Oh... well, here I am!" as I started to roll the handcart down the steps.

Dude tilted his head and looked at me all confused. We locked eyes again for a second before I just went in the back to get the first irreg. Came back out, started unloading the irreg off the truck and onto the handcart with my back to the customer. "Are you mad or somethin'?" I hear from behind me. I turn around.

"...No," I said as I frowned and shook my head. He's quiet for a few seconds, and then "...Were you tryna be smart?"

Again, I just say "No," and the dude starts walking back up his driveway. I went back to the handcart and started maneuvering it to make the delivery. As I turn around, this guy's like 3 feet away from me. "I don't know, man, it kind of sounded like you were tryna be smart, like low-key slick or some :censored2:."

"No, man, you said you've been waiting and here I am, that's all." He gets within a foot or so.

"I don't like that :censored2:." His nostrils flair and his chest puffs out.

"Well, I'm sorry." I spread my arms apologetically but don't move an inch.

"Nah!" He takes a step closer and stops. At this point he can't move forward at all without making contact with me.

"...Okay?" I stand there for a good ten seconds with my arms out just staring at this dude's eyes less than an inch from my face. Nothing happens, so I turn back to the handcart and start walking the first package up the driveway. He kind up hurried ahead of me to go up the steps and to the door. I got his first package to him, said"3 to go." Went back to the truck and repeat. Got to the last package, handed this one directly to him and told him to have a good one. He said "You, too."

------

Now... I don't even have a question really other than what the :censored2:???

*Edited a couple times because :censored2: you, it's my story and it's going to sound how I want it to sound

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Roid raging, or on meth is my guess. What the hell do people expect you to say in response to their inane bull squat? I generally say "your wait is over", and give a little chuckle. Haven't had any negative responses to that.

PPH_over_9000

Roid raging, or on meth is my guess. What the hell do people expect you to say in response to their inane bull squat? I generally say "your wait is over", and give a little chuckle. Haven't had any negative responses to that.

I dunno, man, he seemed pretty lucid. It reminded me of the local detention center. Like all this time had passed and I was still there, but in prison now and here we are at rec and this guy thinks I disrespected him.

(I'm not a bad ass, I've spent a grand total of 3.5 days in a detention center. And not all at once, neither!)

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I dunno, man, he seemed pretty lucid. It reminded me of the local detention center. Like all this time had passed and I was still there, but in prison now and here we are at rec and this guy thinks I disrespected him.

(I'm not a bad ass, I've spent a grand total of 3.5 days in a detention center. And not all at once, neither!)

Testosterone surges are associated with impulse control difficulties. That's pretty normal for 16 to 25 year olds. A guy 35-45 who still acts like that either still has a naturally high testosterone output, is undergoing hormone replacement therapy, or taking steroids for other purposes. Maybe he was just having a bad day, but based on what you described, he was exhibiting classic male domination behavior.

542thruNthru

You guys need to learn how to diffuse the situation.

If it were me....
MMA-face-off-kiss.gif

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
So this is earlier this evening, between 7pm-8pm. I'm down to my last 25 stops, everybody's getting one package each except for a couple doubles and a 4-piece bulk/irreg resi' stop that I've been riding around with all gosh darn day. I'm ecstatic to finally get these 4 giant ass boxes off my truck, and when I notice that it's my next stop my heart almost skips a beat.

Half a mile later, I pull up to the house. Guy walks out, maybe 35-45 (I'm bad with ages.) I lock eyes with him before I go into the back of the truck to pull the handcart out. I come around the bulkhead door with the handcart and here's the guy, looking happy as can be and saying "Man! My wife's been waiting for you all day!" Kind of caught me off guard but not really, because I hear that type of thing all the time. "Oh... well, here I am!" as I started to roll the handcart down the steps.

Dude tilted his head and looked at me all confused. We locked eyes again for a second before I just went in the back to get the first irreg. Came back out, started unloading the irreg off the truck and onto the handcart with my back to the customer. "Are you mad or somethin'?" I hear from behind me. I turn around.

"...No," I said as I frowned and shook my head. He's quiet for a few seconds, and then "...Were you tryna be smart?"

Again, I just say "No," and the dude starts walking back up his driveway. I went back to the handcart and started maneuvering it to make the delivery. As I turn around, this guy's like 3 feet away from me. "I don't know, man, it kind of sounded like you were tryna be smart, like low-key slick or some *."

"No, man, you said you've been waiting and here I am, that's all." He gets within a foot or so.

"I don't like that *." His nostrils flair and his chest puffs out.

"Well, I'm sorry." I spread my arms apologetically but don't move an inch.

"Nah!" He takes a step closer and stops. At this point he can't move forward at all without making contact with me.

"...Okay?" I stand there for a good ten seconds with my arms out just staring at this dude's eyes less than an inch from my face. Nothing happens, so I turn back to the handcart and start walking the first package up the driveway. He kind up hurried ahead of me to go up the steps and to the door. I got his first package to him, said"3 to go." Went back to the truck and repeat. Got to the last package, handed this one directly to him and told him to have a good one. He said "You, too."

------

Now... I don't even have a question really other than what the *???

*Edited a couple times because * you, it's my story and it's going to sound how I want it to sound
He offended himself with your reply because he referenced his wife.

She must be flirty with everyone and he hates it...

Or

He is a bum and intimidated by your presence alone.

Good job not letting him bait you into something.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Put him on permanent will call that’ll show him who’s runnning the show

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Whatcha get locked up for

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Testosterone surges are associated with impulse control difficulties. That's pretty normal for 16 to 25 year olds. A guy 35-45 who still acts like that either still has a naturally high testosterone output, is undergoing hormone replacement therapy, or taking steroids for other purposes. Maybe he was just having a bad day, but based on what you described, he was exhibiting classic male domination behavior.
Maybe he’s just a :censored2:bag

PPH_over_9000

Whatcha get locked up for

Drugs. Twice for weed, once for weed + pharmaceuticals. My lawyer always got them nollo prosequi'd or got them reduced to paraphernalia charges (which sounds like a sweet deal until you read the fine print and realize I was on probation from 13-17 and then again from 18-23.) Outside of that, I've gotten so many citations that I couldn't even rattle them off for you, but there was always ganja involved.

Last run-in was in 2012, though. I've had no police contact since.

*side-note: How do you go about making a problematic stop like this w/c? Talk to the OMS when you get back to the building? Can a 22.4/cover driver even pull those strings?

Last edited:

PPH_over_9000

Maybe he remembers you from 2012 and he thinks you might be skimming his weed.

lol, maybe. I've never sold, though. possession after possession, never with intent and never actually had intent. I just liked getting high. it eventually moved up to pills, I caught several felony possession charges in one go that my lawyer worked magic with and reduced to possession of weed and paraphernalia.

So I slipped out of ruining my life for good and managed to at least figure out my priorities in life. ~10 years later and here I am-- one of you guys. lmao

Dude absolutely could've recognized me, though. I knew a few people from that general area when I was younger, and.... I dunno, I've always kind of stood out. I used to think it was because I was cool but the older I get I'm startin' to think there's some autism in there. But :censored2:, man, I might've just smoked myself stupid.

giphy.gif