Starting Preloader

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by wg1193, Aug 2, 2012.

1. wg1193

wg1193 New Member

Hi, My names Will and i recently started a job as a preloader. I was wondering how many trucks did you guys start with? because it's barely going to be my 2nd and they've already had me loading 2 trucks and by the end of the week they want me to be loading 4 trucks, is this normal? any tips on how now to miss the packages when you get them in bulks at a time.?

2. splozi

splozi Guest

I started loading 3 trucks in a full-blown area, not a training area. This is typical. UPS likes to get their moneys worth right off the bat, which is why the supposed one-week "training" turns into 2-3 days.

3. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

You're only responsible for a "fair day's work for a fair day's pay." That doesn't translate into doing 1 or 50 trucks in a shift.

4. NY11725

NY11725 New Member

In my hub, I unload, and I then quickly run to the sort isle, and sort what I unloaded, and then I run over to each PD as fast as I can, and I pick off what I sorted down to the trailers, and then I run down into the trailer, and load. :knockedout:

5. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

It breaks my heart when noobs have no idea how to search internet forums.

6. klolx

klolx New Member

LMAO

7. uber

uber Guest

If there's a Will there is a way.

8. splozi

splozi Guest

"Walk at a brisk pace, don't run."

9. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

Still LMAO !

10. wg1193

wg1193 New Member

Alright well at least i make a dollar more than unloaders ;P lOL.

11. wg1193

wg1193 New Member

Its actually been getting easier, at first i thought i wouldnt be able to handle it but it's actually really easy once you get the hang of it...