State of Emergency in Virginia

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What are the agendas?

As far as I can see this is about either being anti white supremacist and anti confederate statues and being pro white supremacist and anti confederate statues.

I have no idea why anyone would choose one side of that agenda.
The agenda is whether a group that has obtained a permit to gather and march is denied their First Amendment rights.
It's only been mentioned a couple dozen times.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
That's a nice thought but the problem is that Antifa, MSM and people like you give them legitimacy.
Let them wither and die on the vine is the best way to combat them.
Atlanta and Georgia understand this and when the KKK or WS hold their rallies here, no one comes to support or protest and they look toothless.
Imagine how great a recruitment tool Saturday's events will be for the Right Wing nuts.
All because of doofuses that don't understand diddly squat about containment.
Just react violently and emotionally and place themselves alongside the Nazi's and WS.

I've come to realize that you'll never get that but I still like you.

They look toothless until they blow up a federal building in Oklahoma City because nobody is paying attention to them and they want to make a statement.
The ostrich defense doesn’t really work

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They look toothless until they blow up a federal building in Oklahoma City because nobody is paying attention to them and they want to make a statement.
The ostrich defense doesn’t really work
The approached used by the Antifa and left wingers yesterday certainly didn't work.
Few people would have even known about this protest if the left wingers had gone shopping.
People in groups do stupid things and two groups clashed.
Stupid turds are going to happen.

refineryworker05

also this wasnt even republican vs democrats here. It was comminist fighting nazis

the idea that protesting white supremacists makes you a communist or a radical is a very bad lie to place on those counter protestors. The idea that standing up to white supremacists is wrong or a waste of time is an immoral argument and irrational argument to make.

Finally that argument/thinking is how white supremacists want their violence discussed. Smh.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
the idea that protesting white supremacists makes you a communist or a radical is a very bad lie to place on those counter protestors. The idea that standing up to white supremacists is wrong or a waste of time is an immoral argument and irrational argument to make.

Finally that argument/thinking is how white supremacists want their violence discussed. Smh.
The people making those arguments would have been the "good Germans".

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

ok

refineryworker05

That's a nice thought but the problem is that Antifa, MSM and people like you give them legitimacy.
Let them wither and die on the vine is the best way to combat them.
Atlanta and Georgia understand this and when the KKK or WS hold their rallies here, no one comes to support or protest and they look toothless.
Imagine how great a recruitment tool Saturday's events will be for the Right Wing nuts.
All because of doofuses that don't understand diddly squat about containment.
Just react violently and emotionally and place themselves alongside the Nazi's and WS.

I've come to realize that you'll never get that but I still like you.

What is antifa? Why do you all keep bringing it up? I can assure you that most Americans have no idea this organization exists.

In terms of white supremacists, there are always counter protests to white supremacists as there should be.

The idea that protesting white supremacists helps them doesn't make any sense. It is a terrible argument.

Again white supremacists would love no counter protests to their bigotry. It would absolutely be understood as acceptance of their message.

Jkloc420

What is antifa? Why do you all keep bringing it up? I can assure you that most Americans have no idea this organization exists.

In terms of white supremacists, there are always counter protests to white supremacists as there should be.

The idea that protesting white supremacists helps them doesn't make any sense. It is a terrible argument.

Again white supremacists would love no counter protests to their bigotry. It would absolutely be understood as acceptance of their message.
why do you keep repeating yourself

refineryworker05

The people making those arguments would have been the "good Germans".

I know I really don't get the logic. Everyone can see white supremacist applauding Trump's hey it was all sides, everyone was a radical bs.

The idea that not protesting white supremacists is a good thing makes no sense. The idea that protesting white supremacists makes you a radical and as bad as they are is just an immoral argument that white supremacists love hearing.

refineryworker05

why do you keep repeating yourself
Cause you all keep making the same bad arguments.

Antifa, no one is talking about them. No one. So its weird they are getting so much attention. No one has heard of them. No one. I am at work and I have asked co workers have you ever heard of antifa and no one even knows what Im talking about.

Jkloc420

Cause you all keep making the same bad arguments.

Antifa, no one is talking about them. No one. So its weird they are getting so much attention. No one has heard of them. No one. I am at work and I have asked co workers have you ever heard of antifa and no one even knows what Im talking about.
um there are more than enough on here who know who they r

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What is antifa? Why do you all keep bringing it up?

I can assure you that most Americans have no idea this organization exists.

Because they caused all this ruckus yesterday.

Most Americans aren't aware of WS, Nazi groups or Alt-right either. I guess that is something they discuss on CNN and MSNBC,

You write well but your 'knowledge' is based on false assumptions.
The Alt-Right groups scored a huge success yesterday.

refineryworker05

The agenda is whether a group that has obtained a permit to gather and march is denied their First Amendment rights.
It's only been mentioned a couple dozen times.

Mentioning doesn't mean it actually occurred.

Again organizing a counter protest is not denying anyone their rights. This is a silly argument.