States begin process of neutering Obamacare

Nimnim

The Nim
I'm pretty sure the States that adopt the ACA will be better off.

Well there's no way to know for sure unless SC is successful in this else they'll all have adopted it.

I'm sure we can agree that if SC is successful in this and they end up worse off they'll either reverse course or be voted out for people who will reverse course.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well there's no way to know for sure unless SC is successful in this else they'll all have adopted it.

I'm sure we can agree that if SC is successful in this and they end up worse off they'll either reverse course or be voted out for people who will reverse course.
What happens if they are successful?

Nimnim

The Nim
What happens if they are successful?

If SC is successful and they end up better off than the rest of the country that just accepted the ACA, I can see other states trying to follow suit, Dem organizations trying to make it seem like SC is worse off, and Rep organizations trying to take credit for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbsam

Staff member
Not everyone is a conservative holding on with their claws to the old way of thinking or doing things.
when has the "Libertarian" way ever changed things? It always sound good and never, ever comes into fruition. Thinking a certain new way is fine, but I'd love to see results. Until then, the "old way" is all there really is.

Last edited:

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I'm sure it's the other way around.
States that have a required balanced budget in their constitution have rejected the ACA program. The numbers don't lie.
I assume you are talking about the Medicaid expansion, not the ACA. The ACA is the law of the land. A state cannot opt out of the ACA.

Most intelligent, non partisan, observers see the benefit of the Mediaid expansion. See cbpp.org, kff.org and nasmhpd.org (among others) for a reasoned explanation. Check Rense.com and infowars.com for reasons not to expand Medicaid.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I assume you are talking about the Medicaid expansion, not the ACA. The ACA is the law of the land. A state cannot opt out of the ACA.
Yep.
The Medicaid expansion is part of ACA.
National Government suckers in states for 3 years of free and then it will bleed the states dry.

I also included the exchange sites and funding.
Same story.

States that have a balanced budget requirement usually have the will to resist the free funds up front followed by years of enslavement.

bbsam

Staff member
That all sounds somewhat familiar. Like the states that decried the federal stimulus on the front steps of their state capitols--and quietly brought 97% of their stimulus money in through the back door.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That all sounds somewhat familiar. Like the states that decried the federal stimulus on the front steps of their state capitols--and quietly brought 97% of their stimulus money in through the back door.
Possibly but it makes for good politics and newsreel.

M

MenInBrown

Most intelligent, non partisan, observers see the benefit of the Mediaid expansion. See cbpp.org, kff.org and nasmhpd.org (among others) for a reasoned explanation. Check Rense.com and infowars.com for reasons not to expand Medicaid.
Since when has the"law of the land meant anything?"