Still can't access the retirement calculator....

qdg2

Made the decision to retire.

I have been trying to access the retirement calculator for a couple of years now. It gives the same message. Ok. I actually reached a help line person one day but they wouldn't help me driving down the road(understandable)....I guess. So, I had given up as it was for information and to get an idea of my monthly stipend as just about anyone you ask.....it's wildly different.

I do have a case# now with the help desk. No telling when they'll get back....probably when I'm on-road....or asleep.

All of this as I watched the UPSER's.com video. Meaning, it seems to be all online and laid out with a step by step process. That's all I need....access to that form. I want to make sure everything is filled out right and all.

Question: DID YALL'S TAKE 60-90 DAYS REALLY?

We (wife) just decided yesterday. I'm ready and would love to miss peak and be home for the Christmas holidays....

If I could get this done right now it might sync up with my Thanksgiving vacation.....and get my first check Dec.1st.

Waiting till Jan. 1st would get me the option week(another $1.5k) which would be ok.....but when you get the fever......I'm ready. Now.

My career had a weird turn many years ago and I've always wondered if that is what is causing this glitch.

Thebrownblob

That is strange. I’ve sat t and helped several of our older guys get online and look at the Calculator with no trouble. And it’s pretty accurate according to what they’re telling me their checks ended up being. before the online calculator it was a lot more time-consuming to find out any information. The only people I’ve known who cannot access the Calculator are people who have quit or terminated, they can still access their UPSers online but not that part, they had to send off for it tge old fashion way. Not sure what you mean by weird turn, but hopefully you got all your Pension credit.

And Hopefully they can figure out what’s up with your UPSers acount.

qdg2

That is strange. I’ve sat t and helped several of our older guys get online and look at the Calculator with no trouble. And it’s pretty accurate according to what they’re telling me their checks ended up being. before the online calculator it was a lot more time-consuming to find out any information. The only people I’ve known who cannot access the Calculator are people who have quit or terminated, they can still access their UPSers online but not that part, they had to send off for it tge old fashion way. Not sure what you mean by weird turn, but hopefully you got all your Pension credit.

And Hopefully they can figure out what’s up with your UPSers acount.
My concern is actually talking with some-one to get access. I don't want this to take weeks or months to get rolling. I talked with the nice lady at the hall awhile back......but maybe she has a direct line number or such to expedite. Problem is time. I don't just have a day to get something done. I'm working during "business" hours and can't sit in front of my computer.

This weird turn......well, it involved a change of ops many years ago and a panel, grievance and all. Never actually went to panel.

It's hard to explain and was weird.....take away is there was a short time where I was technically separated from the company but then worked peak......working separation? I'm not sure what that is.....

There has been several classification changes and several building changes.......

I've never questioned my status until this glitch. I've been employed for 40+years. This was a long time ago(weird turn).

I have multiple seniority dates from different classifications and buildings. I have noticed my hire date comes and goes with different vacation bids and such. When it counts, my hire date seems to be correct. Depends. My original 9 years full-time was added to my 15 years pkg to bid feeders as our district changed to full-time years(for bids) to accommodate 22's and such.

Now, I don't consider myself to have been terminated way back. My job was eliminated as was my building. They offered(by local agreement) to let us go pkg driving at another building. I didn't qualify. No one did from this event. I had no place to go into a hub or at least they didn't offer such( I don't know why) as they were winging it(mgt&union). I never dreamed I wouldn't qualify and suspect none else did either or what would happen to us. I never remember it coming up. See, the union negotiated for us(several) to work peak while we were waiting for the panel....so, I was working. I actually didn't work for about a month(after not qualifying). Weird. Everything picked back up after that month as I had health care and all the rest.

All that said, I'm not sure if it is relevant. I just don't know how long it would take to get straightened out. If they(Atlanta) says......"well shows such and such....." and how the back and forth will take(how long) and go. I'm already screwed.
Noting, every other aspect of my career is quite normal.

pkgdriver

Made the decision to retire.

I have been trying to access the retirement calculator for a couple of years now. It gives the same message. Ok. I actually reached a help line person one day but they wouldn't help me driving down the road(understandable)....I guess. So, I had given up as it was for information and to get an idea of my monthly stipend as just about anyone you ask.....it's wildly different.

I do have a case# now with the help desk. No telling when they'll get back....probably when I'm on-road....or asleep.

All of this as I watched the UPSER's.com video. Meaning, it seems to be all online and laid out with a step by step process. That's all I need....access to that form. I want to make sure everything is filled out right and all.

Question: DID YALL'S TAKE 60-90 DAYS REALLY?

We (wife) just decided yesterday. I'm ready and would love to miss peak and be home for the Christmas holidays....

If I could get this done right now it might sync up with my Thanksgiving vacation.....and get my first check Dec.1st.

Waiting till Jan. 1st would get me the option week(another $1.5k) which would be ok.....but when you get the fever......I'm ready. Now.

My career had a weird turn many years ago and I've always wondered if that is what is causing this glitch.
The latest one in my center took a little over two weeks. Online info, NDA(marriage cert ID Etc) to Atlanta. 10 days later email from Atlanta with confirmation. Your mileage may vary. This driver was in Central States,Preloaded and drove. No issues like yours.

Thebrownblob

My concern is actually talking with some-one to get access. I don't want this to take weeks or months to get rolling. I talked with the nice lady at the hall awhile back......but maybe she has a direct line number or such to expedite. Problem is time. I don't just have a day to get something done. I'm working during "business" hours and can't sit in front of my computer.

This weird turn......well, it involved a change of ops many years ago and a panel, grievance and all. Never actually went to panel.

It's hard to explain and was weird.....take away is there was a short time where I was technically separated from the company but then worked peak......working separation? I'm not sure what that is.....

There has been several classification changes and several building changes.......

I've never questioned my status until this glitch. I've been employed for 40+years. This was a long time ago(weird turn).

I have multiple seniority dates from different classifications and buildings. I have noticed my hire date comes and goes with different vacation bids and such. When it counts, my hire date seems to be correct. Depends. My original 9 years full-time was added to my 15 years pkg to bid feeders as our district changed to full-time years(for bids) to accommodate 22's and such.

Now, I don't consider myself to have been terminated way back. My job was eliminated as was my building. They offered(by local agreement) to let us go pkg driving at another building. I didn't qualify. No one did from this event. I had no place to go into a hub or at least they didn't offer such( I don't know why) as they were winging it(mgt&union). I never dreamed I wouldn't qualify and suspect none else did either or what would happen to us. I never remember it coming up. See, the union negotiated for us(several) to work peak while we were waiting for the panel....so, I was working. I actually didn't work for about a month(after not qualifying). Weird. Everything picked back up after that month as I had health care and all the rest.

All that said, I'm not sure if it is relevant. I just don't know how long it would take to get straightened out. If they(Atlanta) says......"well shows such and such....." and how the back and forth will take(how long) and go. I'm already screwed.
Whatever it is I hope it gets worked out easily for you. Talking to a real person is always a challenge and they work on their own time.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

i would suggest you email [email protected] as trying to get a real live human on the phone is a very long shot.
Call your hall as well, they can help.

Take a day off and spend it trying to get your paperwork right so you can file.

qdg2

i would suggest you email [email protected] as trying to get a real live human on the phone is a very long shot.
Call your hall as well, they can help.

Take a day off and spend it trying to get your paperwork right so you can file.
I probably wouldn't get anything done in one day.....wasting a day off. That's been my experience. Hell, just getting a return call will be a challenge.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I probably wouldn't get anything done in one day.....wasting a day off. That's been my experience. Hell, just getting a return call will be a challenge.

Is everything in your life this difficult?

Call your local ask them to send you papers to get your retirement started

Fill them out legibly and send them in
Retire in 90 days

It’s really not that hard

qdg2

Is everything in your life this difficult?

Call your local ask them to send you papers to get your retirement started

Fill them out legibly and send them in
Retire in 90 days

It’s really not that hard
Not as difficult as you hope it is.....

I know you are disappointed I'm retiring as you've always said I wouldn't be able to....

IDK....59 pretty good. But then right on track....all set. But then you don't know me......Bahamas are going to be nice...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not as difficult as you hope it is.....

I know you are disappointed I'm retiring as you've always said I wouldn't be able to....

IDK....59 pretty good. But then right on track....all set. But then you don't know me......Bahamas are going to be nice...
112B143D-4027-40CA-925F-23E0E6988F96.gif