Still getting paid

fred can shove it

Left fed ex years ago but was vested. Now, fred pays my rent and bill. I live for free off this :censored2:. If he could, he would change the rules to prevent this.

This is why he is on top and "we the people" are on the bottom.

What few rights we still have left we throw away by voting against our own self best interest.

We vote for the politicians who change the laws to favor smith . We vote wrong because we believe in guns or we don't believe in abortion. Those things have nothing to do with the economy or jobs. Those things are 2nd nature and are between you and your maker.

Rich people do not create jobs for the people, they create jobs to create profit, only they are not going to work the jobs, you are. Why would you vote to screw yourself?

Fred S can shove it.

vantexan

Left fed ex years ago but was vested. Now, fred pays my rent and bill. I live for free off this :censored2:. If he could, he would change the rules to prevent this.

This is why he is on top and "we the people" are on the bottom.

What few rights we still have left we throw away by voting against our own self best interest.

We vote for the politicians who change the laws to favor smith . We vote wrong because we believe in guns or we don't believe in abortion. Those things have nothing to do with the economy or jobs. Those things are 2nd nature and are between you and your maker.

Rich people do not create jobs for the people, they create jobs to create profit, only they are not going to work the jobs, you are. Why would you vote to screw yourself?

Fred S can shove it.
Name a poor man creating jobs? No one likes to be taken advantage of, but tell me, when the Democrats had complete control of the government 2009-2010, what policies did they put in place to create jobs? Did they help FedEx couriers unionize? It's not enough to just say they're the party of the working class. Let's see real world policies put forth that improve our situation.

bacha29

Aside from backing such strong job creating initiatives such as NAFTA and right work states and stacking courts with pro business anti-union judges can you describe for me in detail just what the GOP is actually doing in the job creation area, Van. OH sure they talk nonstop about job creation just just don't like the ones that pay a living wage.

vantexan

Aside from backing such strong job creating initiatives such as NAFTA and right work states and stacking courts with pro business anti-union judges can you describe for me in detail just what the GOP is actually doing in the job creation area, Van. OH sure they talk nonstop about job creation just just don't like the ones that pay a living wage.
Tell me how with the global economy we can create jobs everywhere that pay really well? Companies pay employees from what they take in, not from money they print. Often what they take in is limited by competition. And by the way it was Clinton who signed NAFTA into law. But going back to the global economy, the right to work states are getting the manufacturing jobs that otherwise would go to other countries. Yes, we would all like great paying jobs and certainly some of it is corporate greed. But you have to face the reality of today's global marketplace and the competition from foreign workers depressing our wages. And you have to face the reality that if a corporation has the choice of operating in a unionized market, a foreign market, or a right to work market in it's home country, they are going to choose the one that maximizes profit and makes the most sense in long term goals. That's the reality that no one wants to hear and everyone feels betrayed by. I personally am offended by my company using me and so many others, lying their heads off. But I understand that these are people motivated by profit and personal wealth. So I'm not shocked at what they did. Getting back to your question, the GOP is stymied by a Democrat president in their attempts to reduce costly regulations that would help our corporations be more competitive. With a Republican president they'd be able to pass laws that would help create jobs as companies would be scrambling to capitalize on a less regulated environment. That might seem horrid to you, but if you want to see wages rise companies need to compete for available workers, especially for those with valuable training and experience. Isn't happening now, but our middle class is shrinking, if that satisfies your need for social justice.

bacha29

I never said anything about social justice. Keep in mind one fact. When the NAFTA vote came up in Congress the majority of Democrats in office at the time voted against it. Just as was the case with the Brady bill Clinton signed it because he knew that he didn't have the votes to sustain a veto. You talk about regulations and the need to reduce. You know as well as I know that if given a free hand the first regulation the GOP would go after is labor laws , followed by environmental laws then work place safety laws. What then would you have in end?...China, India, Pakistan Vietnam, Mexico Would you trade the quality of life you have now for the kind of life the average person has in those countries?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
But going back to the global economy, the right to work states are getting the manufacturing jobs that otherwise would go to other countries.
False, they're getting manufacturing jobs from other states. Corporations are playing state governments against each other. They pander to whichever locality will give them the most tax breaks and deferments and subsidies. They'll operate for years paying little to no taxes, meanwhile the working sucker gets screwed.

vantexan

False, they're getting manufacturing jobs from other states. Corporations are playing state governments against each other. They pander to whichever locality will give them the most tax breaks and deferments and subsidies. They'll operate for years paying little to no taxes, meanwhile the working sucker gets screwed.
Read it again, they're getting the manufacturing jobs from other states that would otherwise go to other countries. And believe me as a southerner we welcome with open arms anything that'll provide steady work. There was a time when southerners moved north to work in factories due to little work back home. Do you believe those factories would've stayed in heavily unionized areas if the right to work states weren't offering incentives and tax breaks? Nope, they'd move overseas.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Read it again, they're getting the manufacturing jobs from other states that would otherwise go to other countries. And believe me as a southerner we welcome with open arms anything that'll provide steady work. There was a time when southerners moved north to work in factories due to little work back home. Do you believe those factories would've stayed in heavily unionized areas if the right to work states weren't offering incentives and tax breaks? Nope, they'd move overseas.
Then surely you would get behind laws to stop tax loopholes for moving jobs overseas, and tax incentives to move the jobs that have already moved overseas, back to the US? Then maybe we wouldn't be talking about whether or not you have to screw over workers and give tax breaks to corporations that are making millions already just to keep them here.

vantexan

I never said anything about social justice. Keep in mind one fact. When the NAFTA vote came up in Congress the majority of Democrats in office at the time voted against it. Just as was the case with the Brady bill Clinton signed it because he knew that he didn't have the votes to sustain a veto. You talk about regulations and the need to reduce. You know as well as I know that if given a free hand the first regulation the GOP would go after is labor laws , followed by environmental laws then work place safety laws. What then would you have in end?...China, India, Pakistan Vietnam, Mexico Would you trade the quality of life you have now for the kind of life the average person has in those countries?
That's why our system has checks and balances. We vote for House Reps every two years. If one party gets too extreme, we reel them in with our vote. But you can't get around the fact in a global economy we aren't going to create highly paid jobs for anyone who wants one. Best you can hope for is to work for a company that's in a very lucrative field. In our dog eat dog society if you want a well paying job you've got to develop skills that will help a company become more profitable, otherwise you've got to settle for less. I'm not approving that, just talking about the reality. Then there are the special cases like FedEx, who passed themselves off as a people company with a future, but in the end they're just another dog eat dog company that uses people up, and if you want to be paid well by them you've got to be willing to play that game. There is no Bernie Sanders world where the government will take care of all our problems. Anyone who believes that will be run over by reality.

Last edited:

vantexan

Then surely you would get behind laws to stop tax loopholes for moving jobs overseas, and tax incentives to move the jobs that have already moved overseas, back to the US? Then maybe we wouldn't be talking about whether or not you have to screw over workers and give tax breaks to corporations that are making millions already just to keep them here.

I'm all for that, so tell me why it's not happening?

bacha29

Yes Van you have described in great detail the bad treatment workers in America are getting but at the very same moment you are always defending corporate America based on your false hope that they are going to mend their ways and put people first. It's not going to happen .

vantexan

Yes Van you have described in great detail the bad treatment workers in America are getting but at the very same moment you are always defending corporate America based on your false hope that they are going to mend their ways and put people first. It's not going to happen .
No, I'm telling you what the reality is. You only want to hear your side of it. If our corporations were patriotic to the red, white, and blue they'd work things out to keep their operations here. They're only loyal to the green, and would rather take advantage of low paid foreign workers than to support our country. And like our right to work states those workers in those countries welcome them with open arms because it's better than nothing. And it's not just our companies doing it, it's everywhere.