Stock hardship advice

DOK

Budget better and save up so you can buy :censored2:. Keep the money you have saved in savings and you will thank yourself later. I was about to convert stocks last year because I was in a bind, but I cut down A LOT on my spending and didn't have to touch it.
I actually was gonna pay off some debt so I can be debt free. Just small :censored2: like credit cards and a loan my stupid youner self took out to finance a turbo kit. I want 0 debt besides my house and maybe a car

I sold a few hundred shares about 8 years ago to pay off some debt, wish I wouldn’t have.

brown_trousers

From the actual plan summary:

You will have the right to request the salary committee to permit you to sell shares purchased under the plan prior to the end of the two-year holding period if you experience a severe financial hardship resulting from divorce, an illness or accident to you, your spouse, or one of your dependents, loss of your property due to casualty, or other similar extraordinary and unforeseeable circumstances arising as a result of events beyond your control.

Well, if the child was an "accident"...